Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading

Thread: Added flow ajuster to Lee 10lb Prod Pot

Added flow ajuster to Lee 10lb Prod Pot

I bought a Lee Production Pot IV 10lb unit. This pot does not have a flow control adjustment on it. So I made a setup so I can limit the travel of the arm. It seems to work pretty good.

I am also using the the center part of a Bic wide body pen as a kake kutter. I am casting 9x18 and 9x19 rounds. It is not perfect but it works for me.

Pics included.

Bob T
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg   002.jpg   003.jpg   006.jpg  

Banned

thats looks like an excellent i dea i may have to do something similar for mine. thanks for posting.

Andy

Boolit Grand Master

I made a similar adjuster a few years ago. It really helps with consistency. I'll try to get a picture of mine when I get home.

Boolit Grand Master

OK I'm home. Crappy cell phone pics, but you'll get the idea. I used a window shade bracket I had laying around the scrap hardware bin. Added a press nut in the hole that the window shade pin would sit in. You could do the same thing with a jam nut on either side of the bracket, but it would be harder to adjust. The nut on top is just a metric thread that I jammed in place to give something to turn and make adjustment easier.

Great idea! I'll have to try that.

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    OK I'm home. Crappy cell phone pics, but you'll get the idea. I used a window shade bracket I had laying around the scrap hardware bin. Added a press nut in the hole that the window shade pin would sit in. You could do the same thing with a jam nut on either side of the bracket, but it would be harder to adjust. The nut on top is just a metric thread that I jammed in place to give something to turn and make adjustment easier.

Nice. It is a lot smaller than mine. It makes things more uniform when pouring.
    Bob T