RepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: 6.5 Lee 175 in the Swede

Boolit Bub

6.5 Lee 175 in the Swede

The bore ride section doesn't come close to fitting my bore. I don't have the bullet or mics with me but it must be running something like 0.262". Have any of you tried sizing a bullet nose in a 0.257 dia?
    labop

Banned
    [QUOTE=labop;697098]The bore ride section doesn't come close to fitting my bore. I don't have the bullet or mics with me but it must be running something like 0.262". Have any of you tried sizing a bullet nose in a 0.257 dia?
    labop[/QUOTE

I have some of the originals and I'll mic the nose, but the way they are suppose to fit is that they should chamber with easy resistance when the base of the bullet is about even with the bottom of the case neck. The bullet should be sized about .268.

Joe

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMetal View Post
    ..... the way they are suppose to fit is that they should chamber with easy resistance when the base of the bullet is about even with the bottom of the case neck.....Joe
    I wish that were the case with mine. I have to seat the boolit with the front band just above the case mouth to get it to chamber.

Banned
    Well fellows, I'm going to tell you that you have out of spec moulds. The Swedes machined their rifles pretty consistent. Your mould is dropping the bullet too fat.

Joe

Boolit Grand Master

My mold casts .269-.270x.260-.261 nose with WW. Now I had a single cavity that cast .272," both from MidSouth. COAL is 3.130" which puts the gas check just even with the bottom of the neck leaving 3 lube grooves exposed and chambers freely. Your throats are vastly different from mine.
    Last edited by swheeler; 02-24-2010 at 07:18 PM.
    Charter Member #148

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swheeler View Post
    My mold casts .269-.270x.260-.261 nose with WW. Now I had a single cavity that cast .272," both from MidSouth. COAL is 3.130" which puts the gas check just even with the bottom of the neck leaving 3 lube grooves exposed and chambers freely. Your throats are vastly different from mine.

The Swede throats aren't different Scot, those current and some past Lee moulds are oversized by quite a bit.

Joe

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by StarMetal View Post
    The Swede throats aren't different Scot, those current and some past Lee moulds are oversized by quite a bit.

Joe
    And everybody was whining about Lee molds casting TOO small! They can pull a boner from time to time, I got a 312-185-1r that cast a .297 nose, should have left it alone for my K31, but I lapped the nose out, and then a 358-158 that cast .362-3 and weighed 169 grains out of WW. So is life...............
    Charter Member #148

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swheeler View Post
    And everybody was whining about Lee molds casting TOO small! They can pull a boner from time to time, I got a 312-185-1r that cast a .297 nose, should have left it alone for my K31, but I lapped the nose out, and then a 358-158 that cast .362-3 and weighed 169 grains out of WW. So is life...............
    Their problem is that they are inconsistent on their moulds.

Joe

Maybe the Swede throats expand and contract and don't remain the same size? Something to do with an RPM virus Swedes have? Haven't heard much about it except something or the other about rpm's wont let them shoot at high velocity. Joe have you been able to shoot 6.5 at high velocity?

Boolit Grand Master

Smile

Ray-Ray-Ray me thinks you need a spanking, or a time out!
    Charter Member #148