Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan Reloading
Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LBT 358 Group Buy

Moderator Emeritus

LBT 358 Group Buy

LBT 358 Group Buy

This Group Buy Will Close Nov. 22nd, 2009 at Midnight!

2 cavity $100.00 (normally $125.00)
    4 cavity $140.00 (normally $175.00)
    fitted nose punch $8.00 (normally $10.00)
    Book: Jacketed Performance with Cast Bullets $20.00 (not available separately at this price and must use med shipping box)

You will be able to specify the following:

2 or 4 cavity

bullet diameter

Nose Type: WFN, LFN or FN, SWC *
    *See note at bottom of post for definitions and explainations.

PB, GC or BB ( 2 cavity GC, 2 Cavity PB $10.00 extra)(PB - Plain Base, GC - Gas Check, BB - Bevel Base)

# lube grooves

Crimp Groove (yes or no)

Complete address, phone number and email address required.

Intended Use: Helps Veral set the bullet up for your particular use. Include firearm make and model. For determining the crimp groove placement.
    Shipping - Small flat rate box or Med. flat rate box.
    Note: Please stick to weights listed in his current catalog available here. http://www.lbtmoulds.com/pdf/2007CATALOG.pdf

All LBT molds use RCBS Handles (not included)

Shipping will be via USPS Flat Rate
    I have added $2.00 per shipping method to cover the cost of bubble wrap to help protect the mold(s). The mold halves will be taped together to help prevent damage.
    Shipping cost:
    USA Only
    Small flat rate box - $7.95
    Med. flat rate box - $12.95

International Shipping:
    Small flat rate box - $14.95 (max weight 4 lbs)
    Med. flat rate box - $43.95

Checks, Money orders or PayPal (3% extra fee US, 4% International) will be accepted.

To order send PM to Bodine or an email to jeffbowles@ameritech.net with all of the infomation above. I will email you back if all of the info is included with instructions where to send the payment or if using PayPal your total and the paypal email address to send it to. When I have received your payment I will post your zip code at the end of this post.

One the GB has ended and I have received all of the payments, I will email the order to LBT for the molds to be made so he can begin working on them while the printed order form and payment is in transit. I expect delivery of the molds in about 2 weeks and allowing a couple of days for packaging the mold in most cases should arrive in your mail box in an additional 7 to 10 days or less.

WFN = Wide Flat Nose
    LFN = Long Flat Nose
    FN = Flat Nose (LFN is not offered in some calibers due to the bullet diameter)

Meplat on the WFN is .090 smaller than body diameter, and ogive length is .25, on all calibers. Maximum suitable nose length for the WFN is .400, while .350 or shorter is an option. Meplat diameter is .125 smaller than body on LFN's of all calibers and ogive length is .400 . Most used nose lengths for the LFN are .350, .400, .450, and .500. The FA 454 requires .4 nose. Blackhawks and S&W's use a .4 (for WFN) or .45 nose length for LFN. Redhawks and other long cylinder guns use up to a .5 nose, with the heavier bullets. If you have questions when ordering, give me the length from the end of your cylinder to a crimped case held snug while measuring. If for a levergun, I normally cut a bit under the .45 nose length to make the LFN feed smoothly. The bullets will of coarse shoot fine in revolvers also, but with less power potential, as more is down inside the powder space.

Note: The LCFN for lever guns is considered a LFN, that is the reason when you order I need you to specify what guns you are using it for and a phone number in case Veral has a question.

Successful Payment receipts:
    Italy
    Last edited by Bodine; 11-27-2009 at 05:07 PM. Reason: clarification
    If you do not stand for something, you stand for nothing.

You can't spell "restore" with h-y-p-o-c-r-i-s-y.

The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.

Cast Hunter

As I recall in the past Veral has allowed people to send him a throat slug and he would use that for designing your mould. Does that apply here?
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Boolit Master
    so how does this become a GROUP BUY...if there is no one design and no group ???
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RugerFan View Post
    As I recall in the past Veral has allowed people to send him a throat slug and he would use that for designing your mould. Does that apply here?
    No, not for the group buy. You can still send him a throat slug, but the regular prices would apply.
    Last edited by Bodine; 10-21-2009 at 08:46 AM.

The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by mike in co View Post
    so how does this become a GROUP BUY...if there is no one design and no group ???
    Hi Mike, long time no hear from you.

Basically Veral is cutting custom molds with certain parameters for the members of this forum at a reduced price. This group buy is for a 358 basic design bullet. He is letting us choose the nose profile, diameter (within the basic caliber ie: 358, 359, 360) base type, number of lube grooves, crimp groove and weight.

This is actually 3 group buys rolled into 1, Long Flat Nose, Wide Flat Nose and Semi-Wadcutter.

Since his molds are lathe bored and not made from a cherry, you have greater flexibility.

We are coming up on the end of the first group buy for the 45 cal molds, this one having the highest amount of votes so it is next, then we will move on to the next caliber, etc.. About 1 a month.

Cast Hunter

Ok, I'm for a 2 cav. E-mail with the particulars coming soon.
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Cast Hunter

Dang, where's everyone that voted in the poll???
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Boolit Master
    I thought Veral didn't do a LFN in this caliber because he didn't think the meplat was large enough (speaking of revolver bullets here, not rifle bullets).

Also, we run into the problem of some shorter cylinder lengths in .357. Will Veral make multiple nose lengths on this one?

Moderator Emeritus

I believe that in 358 dia molds he calls then a FN (flat nose)
    If I understand correctly by multiple nose lengths you mean in the same mold right?
    If so then yes, but it is an additional charge, $10.00 I think. The same charge he assesses for one cavity PB, one GC.. I will ask to be sure.

Boolit Master
    Bodine, No, that is not what I mean. Look, .357 follows different rules with Veral and you need to get together and see how this will be handled. Veral calls them FN in this caliber for pistols but they are really WFNs. He will make rifle LFNs. What I meant in my first question was a "normal" revolver length nose that would work fine in a .41 or .44 will be too long to work in an N frame S&W. How does Veral plan to handle the specifics on this group buy?

Moderator Emeritus

Ah I see..
    That is the reason he asks for the intended use, ie: what gun are you going to using this in. Also your phone number in the event he sees something that is not right with the order.
    This is in the original post above.

He will make different cavities in the same mold a different nose length for an extra $10.00 charge per cavity.

Boolit Buddy
    Well, I'm in.........just not sure of a few of the options and which would be the best choice for my application. Perhaps some will chime in and help me choose the parameters?....then I'll email my order.

Use: Hunting load
    Rifle: Uberti Baby Rolling block .357 mag single shot

I'm thinking 180gr, FN, GC, ? two lube grooves?, crimp groove-yes,.

Not sure on the "nose punch" option. Is that for making a hollow point?

Moderator Emeritus

The nose punch is for use in a RCBS or Lyman lubersizer, another term describing it is top punch.
    Other than that what you have spec'ed out should work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spokerider View Post
    Well, I'm in.........just not sure of a few of the options and which would be the best choice for my application. Perhaps some will chime in and help me choose the parameters?....then I'll email my order.

Use: Hunting load
    Rifle: Uberti Baby Rolling block .357 mag single shot

I'm thinking 180gr, FN, GC, ? two lube grooves?, crimp groove-yes,.

Not sure on the "nose punch" option. Is that for making a hollow point?

Moderator Emeritus

This GB will end on Sunday at Midnight! If you have something you want to have cut you need to get me a note by then!
    Do make sure you have supplied all of the information requested in the GB description, as this is the hold up for getting the molds for the 45 GB...

Boolit Master

I'll take a 4 cav PM sent
    FB

Cast Hunter

Jeff,
    How are we looking for a delivery time-frame?
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Boolit Master

Should be getting close. FB

Moderator Emeritus

The molds arrived this evening and will go out in the mail tomorrow. All except the foreign buyers will see their mold in 2-3 days. Foreign 10-12 days.

Jeff

Boolit Master
    Thanks Jeff, can't wait. I have a few guns waiting to try that one.

Boolit Master

Jeff, I got my mold in the mail today. Look's good thank's. FB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast