WidenersReloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading

Thread: Turkey Fryer/Burners

Boolit Buddy

Turkey Fryer/Burners

After about 20 years, my old plumbers furnace was not getting my pot up to temp anymore, and it took forever to get the lead in a liquid state. I went in search of a replacement. Well, I found a great deal, had to share this - Home Depot (online) and Amazon both have the Bayou SP10 turkey fryers, high pressure (20psi) stoves (185,000 btu) on sale for $39. I have been watching the prices on this stove for about 6 months- normally they are around $60. It comes with a metal mesh protected 4' propane hose, high pressure regulator, needle valve to regulate the flame, and a sturdy frame with a wind break. Nice pacakge for the money. I am looking out the window now for the UPS man....

Boolit Buddy
    you can buy just the burners them selfs for around $13 that's how I did my smelting setup

Boolit Buddy
    Yes you can, but you also need a high pressure regulator for another $20 or so, available at Ace or other h/w stores. That's about $33 in parts. With a complete setup with needle valve and steel frame with wind break, I don't think $39 is a bad deal for a turn-key setup.

Boolit Buddy
    I don't think $39 is a bad deal for a turn-key setup.
    $40 is a good deal for my area also
    I was just bringing up that the burners themselves are also avalible as I've picked up a fryer set up before just cause a $13 burner was bad

Boolit Buddy
    OK - got the turkey burner out of the box. It is awesome. Almost too hot - if you turn it loose, it can actually blow itself out, so you have to watch it and not turn it to max heat. The black paint burns away over the flame in the first few minutes - not sure if they even used high-temp paint, but at that level of heat, not sure any paint would work. Bottom line - it is a great stove for the money. Now... anyone know where I can get a cast iron pot/dutch oven that will hold around 50-60 lbs at a time, cheap?

I would look at Harbour Freight
    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
    SEMPER FI

If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Ohio's BEST CCW resource: http://ohioccwforums.org/
    Don't overlook cheap stainless steel stockpots at the used stuff store, a restaurant supply place, or the Salvation Army-type donation stores. Also if you are picking up lead at a recycling place, look in the stainless steel bins, you might find something old, stained and dented but perfect for smelting, for cheap.
    Due to market fluctuations I am no longer buying range scrap jackets.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc