WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: Rcbs 30-150-cm

Boolit Master

Rcbs 30-150-cm

Been thinking of getting a plain base mold of 150 grain weight for use in 30/30. Just wondered if anyone here has used the RCBS Cowboy mold and what kinda results have you had with it ?

Boolit Grand Master
    I have a SAECO # 307 that has been HP'd by Buckshot and he also removed the g/c shank while he had the mold.

My SAECO # 307 is now similar to the RCBS 150 Plain base Cowboy mold, just about 30 grs. heavier.

Mine are shooting real good, considering there is no gas check to slow down your loading and you end up with a nice cost savings also .

I don't " hot rod " mine. About 1,200 fps is the velocity ceiling. Stay in that zone and it is a super accurate bullet.

Last edited by Ben; 10-14-2009 at 03:46 PM.

Boolit Master

Shoots accurately for me out of a M94 with Reloader 7. Looks like it tends to give better results with powders in the medium/slower burning range./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Master

Great looking HPs Ben. Don't have a HP mold, but use my Forster trimmer to drill them. Really turns a cast boolit into an awesome performer even at the slower speeds. I have the Lyman 311008 PB that shoots well in my Ruger 7.62 x 39 at about 1400 fps using ACWW metal. Was hoping to get around 1500 with the 150 gr maybe using a harder alloy.
    Beagle; What velocity are you running your boolit at? I' ve burned a bunch of RL7 in my rifles also and have had great results.

Thanks,

Boolit Master

I've gotten 1700 FPS with them with no problems. Haven't attempted higher but I'm sure you could go higher as that gives me a nice plinking load and at the time I was shooting them, I had an abundance of Reloader 7./beagle

Quote Originally Posted by Denver View Post
    Great looking HPs Ben. Don't have a HP mold, but use my Forster trimmer to drill them. Really turns a cast boolit into an awesome performer even at the slower speeds. I have the Lyman 311008 PB that shoots well in my Ruger 7.62 x 39 at about 1400 fps using ACWW metal. Was hoping to get around 1500 with the 150 gr maybe using a harder alloy.
    Beagle; What velocity are you running your boolit at? I' ve burned a bunch of RL7 in my rifles also and have had great results.

Thanks,
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Master
    Diggin this thread up from the grave... I just ordered a rcbs 30-150-CM going to be powder coated and loaded for a 7.62x39 bolt rifle. My brother-in-law will probably load some up for his 30-30 as well. The 7.62x39 load will likely be kept subsonic. Ill try and update once I get my mould and get some lead poured.

Did you get the mold Mica? I was wondering if the boolits got tried in a 30-30?
    Knightflyer - Pesky newbie with a 30-30 & a zillion questions
    "And what I want to say is this, that I'm the King's man; and if this Parliament of Owls is any sort of plot against the King, I'm having nothing to do with it." - C.S. Lewis, The Silver Chair
    Shalom y'all!