Boolit Master

Hello All
    Extremely addictive

Top 17 Ackley Bee by Reed

Middle 17 Ackley Bee by P. O. Ackley

Bottom 218 Bee by Lowrey

What fun, What fun

Mike

Nice especially that bottom one...is that large Francotte action?
    Douglas, Ret.

Boolit Master

Hello
    Thanks
    Actually, not, the angle of the camera made it look larger

Here is one of my LARGE guns

Martini Long lever converted to short lever, was 577-450 Shot and now is 444 Marlin with bull barrel, really sits on the bench, very heavy.

Thanks
    Mike
    Last edited by skeettx; 04-07-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Boolit Master
    Have two BSA cadets. Both in 310 original configuration. I like the idea of shootin them in the 310.
    It took a while to get the loading right with the heeled bullet. Now I am working on a smokeless load for them. Have been using 777 and it seems to work fine.
    Them and my Snider sporter are the ones that seem to get shot most when I can get to shoot.

Why are you using other than smokeless in a .310, the cartridge is not a black powder cartridge?
    Douglas, Ret.

Boolit Master
    I am using Triple 7 for the loads I have now. It seems to work fine. I didn't have any smokeless load info untjill I found the Brisih Rifle site you belong to.

I searched thru there and found a few smokeless loads I am going to try. Accurate 1680 and Trailboss for now because I already have those powders.

DD , I have read alot of your posts, very informative thank you .

Thanks, hope what I shared helped!
    Douglas, Ret.

Boolit Buddy

Thumbs up The Cadet Rifle vs The Squirrels!!!

Last week the 30-30 Cadet rifle went to Modoc County for a rendevous with destiny, and many, many ground squirrels- This little rifle, described in post #1 of this thread, sports a receiver sight, for accurate shooting, as I just can't abide the look of a scope on such a classic single shot rifle. My very mild load of 10grains of Unique, behind either the Lyman 311291 or 311041 bullets, sized .311, did a great job of putting the squirrels down for the count, at ranges up to 150 yds off a bench, and up to 75 yds off-hand. My shooting partners made great fun of my choice of varmint guns on this trip- ( my other gun was a Win 1885 HighWall in 38-55!), complete with iron sights and cast lead boolits, compared to their scoped 17HMRs, 204s, 223s, and 22-250s. Yes, they did in fact shoot more varmints, but I certainly had more FUN than all of them put together. Even our alfalfa grower/host remarked he had NEVER seen a squirrel shooter use iron sights, nor a 30-30 on these little varmints!
    My .357 Martini stayed home on this trip,and the other two Cadets, in original 310 chambering, are preparing for their range debuts, now that I have begun loading the heeled RCBS boolits in original Bertram cases. What great fun these little rifles are to shoot, and how well they shoot!!!
    Guys, don't be afraid to go out and have some fun!!! Don't leave these little fun machines in the safe-- they are meant to be used!

358wcf

Oh, someone asked about the twist on the 30-30 Cadet- it's a 10" twist-

Chuck

Boolit Buddy

Red face It's a disease, I tell ya!!!!!

BUMPPITY, BUMP,BUMP : Gol dang it --- you guys got me all infected with that damm disease again. couple of years ago I picked up an original 310 cadet for 75.00 that was just packed full of rust on the outside and some really sad wood. BUT, the bore is in very good shape. talked the guy down because of the condition and took it home, loaded a few 32-20's (about 25) that I cut short to fit the chamber and loaded with a small load of 2400 (don't remember the amount, just light) and seated some 77gr. 32 auto condoms in it. they were all I had in that cal. and took it outside and shot at some 12 gauge worn out shotgun shells at about 60-70 yards and that little rifle hit 22 out of 25!! Now you guys have got me fired up to make it pretty and shoot some bore/groove sized boolits through it. I tell ya, you infect a guy with the disease!!!!!!!! God Bless to all.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Boolit Mold
    I have a Cadet chambered for .357 Mag. There are some chips around the firing pin hole which allows some primer flow into it, locking up the action. That can be cured somewhat by using magnum or small rifle primers which are made of thicker metal. She shoots fine otherwise.

Boolit Master
    I have one in .357 as well. The primer flow locking up the action on these is common. I removed the bolt, tig welded up the firing pin hole, and made a smaller firing pin to stop this problem. Talking to others, it's the common fix. The original cal (.310 ) was a low pressure round. We have had this one in the family since the early 60's and have used mostly to develop 38/357 loads. This one has a very low SN, 19X.
    Chris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123