RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
PBcastcoLee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weapon light on the cheap

Moderator Emeritus

Weapon light on the cheap

If I start by saying this is an NCStar I'm talking about, a lot of you will go read another thread because of the past quality control history of this company. Don't let the NCStar name sway you from these terrific little lights. The AQPTF quick release tactical light is a 35 lumen 1 watt powered by a CR 123 battery. I have tried this light on 4 different calibers and it just keeps working. For $32 delivered I figured if it turned out to be typical NCStar quality, it didn't cost me much to find out. What a pleasant surprise! This light is a higher quality light than you'd expect for $32. I waited a while before making a decision to even say anything about it, I wanted to make sure it held up to use. It does!
    My CZ P01 9mm didn't rattle anything loose on it.

I have a Beretta PX4 Storm in 40S&W and 45ACP, it didn't rattle anything loose on either one.

Neither did 5.56x45

This light doesn't weigh very much, at less than 4 oz. you hardly know it's there. The push on switch meets the index finger tip perfectly for quick activation.

I blacked out the logo, it's a large white outline logo that just doesn't look good on it. The black anodized aluminum body and lens bezel seem to be of high quality and construction.

I have another one of these ordered, for the money you spend on these, you could easily have several without breaking the bank. The battery life seems to be forever, it's one superwhite LED rated at 35 lumens, it seems much brighter than that to me. I've used other more expensive lights, they don't do anything that this light won't do, and this one has a built in spring loaded quick release system that's actually a quick release! And easy to use. Defininitely not some airsoft quality toy light, this is the real thing for a budget. The NCStar AQPTF Tactical Light is a must have light if you want/need a weapons light and dont want to spend a fortune for one.
    Last edited by Trey45; 03-26-2010 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Thas so they can see where ya are?
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Banned

na, after you shoot something you want to see what it is, so taa daaa, the light.

Moderator Emeritus

Ya'll need a breathalyzer hooked up to your computers, blow more than .08 and it stops you from posting lol

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

WWGWD

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I mounted a million candle power aircraft landing light on my 1911. Superior night vision!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Personally, I use a Coleman lantern swinging on the end of my .36 Cap and Ball. To each his own.

Trey45...Thanks for the review. I appreciate reading first hand accounts that aren't sponsored reviews. I'm not particularly interested in gun lights, but some are, and you'll never know how many read your post and learn a bit from it.
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

I'll have you know, I'm a teatotaller. And I'll stick to night vision and my silencer, yank thou. Be a little careful as to when y'all turn that thang on! Any how, I couldn't type any how if'n I was soused.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

Boolit Master
    I do appreciate the heads-up and review on the light. It's good to know and it's real good to have options. A weapon mounted light is just the ticket sometimes, sometimes a bad thing. I've used a GI crookneck flashlight for some pretty serious shooting once and a weapon mounted light would have been nice to have, under the circumstances. One of the cardinal rules is to identify your target, at night that means a light of some kind. That's the dilema. I know of a retired police officer, not me, who shot his own daughter dead in the hall. I know, hard to imagine making that big of a mistake, but it happened. Probably more often than we know. Given a choice(options again) I like having TWO lights, a Surefire in my left hand and a weapon mounted light. I can hold the Surefire up high and out, see what's up, and not make myself quite as good of a target. But then, maybe I take this stuff a little too serious. The only time I've repelled invaders in my own home I used a baseball bat! Worked great.

Boolit Buddy
    aawww...
    it doesn't have a bayonet

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by DanOH View Post
    aawww...
    it doesn't have a bayonet

Happy now?

See the next time I try to write a review on a good deal. Ya'll will be walking around with coleman lanterns wire tied to your Mosin nagants before I write another one, just you see.

Tune in next week for a review of the latest tactical assault water bottle with M1913 rails.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

WWGWD

Trey45
    You should use duct tape on that mounting system for the bayonet, its the American way.
    “There are the Red Coats; they will be ours or tonight Molly Stark sleeps a widow.” - General John Stark
    Brave souls such as these gave life & limb, in order to free themselves from a tyrannical rule. They created a country where the people were allowed life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Government was intentionally shackled by the constitution to limit its power over the people. How far we have strayed from our forefather’s original intent!

Boolit Grand Master

Must be spring!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Master
    My freind's RWL (Redneck Weapon Light) on a Keltec...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sub2000b.jpg  

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
    Trey45
    You should use duct tape on that mounting system for the bayonet, its the American way.
    Yup, you may be kicked out of Possum Lodge for that oversight!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Great Review

Trey, I don't care what they say I like the bayonet mount review, now if I just had some tape-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------and a knife.
    Last edited by waksupi; 03-29-2010 at 10:59 AM.

Boolit Master
    OK, now I see I am taking this stuff way too serious. Did I mention I had a Maglite taped to the bat?

We could make a tactical baseball bat that had a 12 gauge in the handle..... (and tape it to a searchlight?)

Moderator Emeritus

It doesn't get much more tacticool than this right here.

No suppressor needed, no CCW needed, no reloads needed.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

WWGWD

Quote Originally Posted by Trey45 View Post
    It doesn't get much more tacticool than this right here.

No suppressor needed, no CCW needed, no reloads needed.
    Oh man I want one of those bad. Whats the minimum tine and OAL to meet ATF regs on that thing?
    Last edited by Village Idiot; 03-29-2010 at 10:27 PM.
    “There are the Red Coats; they will be ours or tonight Molly Stark sleeps a widow.” - General John Stark
    Brave souls such as these gave life & limb, in order to free themselves from a tyrannical rule. They created a country where the people were allowed life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Government was intentionally shackled by the constitution to limit its power over the people. How far we have strayed from our forefather’s original intent!

trey45, Now that's what I need, do you have a Magnum Version of the " Fork-A- mator"?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast