Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: Cleaning cycle

Boolit Master

Cleaning cycle

I have used nothing but BAC since I have started casting. Absolutely no leading. I'm shooting a Ballisti-cast 668 PB in my Kart NM barrel. My problem seems to be lube build up in the chamber and my auto pistol turns into a single shot. This is after about 50-60 rounds. Would I be better to add a lube-heater and switch to Carnuba red or is this just the nature of the beast?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jsizemore View Post
    I have used nothing but BAC since I have started casting. Absolutely no leading. I'm shooting a Ballisti-cast 668 PB in my Kart NM barrel. My problem seems to be lube build up in the chamber and my auto pistol turns into a single shot. This is after about 50-60 rounds. Would I be better to add a lube-heater and switch to Carnuba red or is this just the nature of the beast?
    You might try the harder lube. If you have lots of BAC you can harden some up. Beware that a change in type of lube, although your're staying with the same manufacturer, will change your group sizing.

Joe

Banned

I would try either tumble lubing with LLA/JPW mixed or Felix lube. One of the reasons I switched from BAC is a slight fouling buildup in some guns, but a truly outstanding lube in most respects, and I would still be using it and choking on the smoke from the Alox it contains if I hadn't found FWFL to be much better. FWFL tends to melt and blow completely out of the gun with only a grey oily coating left in the barrel, it doesn't build up in chambers because it doesn't leave soot behind when it burns.

Gear

Are you getting a good seal between chamber and brass? (sooty cases)

If so then more pressure may help a lot...either a faster powder or more of the same powder.

The same loads that run fine in my 1911 will make my 625 choke in less than thirty rounds. A near max load of Clays is what it takes to make it behave.

Jerry

Boolit Master
    Cases look great. Inside the gun looks great except for the lube buildup in the chamber.