Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2RepackboxLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make LLA smell better?

Make LLA smell better?

Can any of you geniuses come up with an additive like pepermint oil or something that would make LLA less objectionable to the wife? and not have a detrimental effect?
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Boolit Master

Add jewelry to the wife if all else fails.
    "Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil." Doug Patton

Converting lead into gold

Dilute it with whatever cheap aftershave you got last Christmas. If you use as little of that stuff as I do, you probably still have some Hai Karate or Jade in a drawer somewhere!

Smile

I don't think you can add anything that'll keep mineral spirits from smelling like mineral spirits.

Maybe if you eat enough beans, cabbage and eggs and wash it all down with beer, she'll quit complaining about the LLA.
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    I don't think you can add anything that'll keep mineral spirits from smelling like mineral spirits.

Maybe if you eat enough beans, cabbage and eggs and wash it all down with beer, she'll quit complaining about the LLA.
    John,

Is that gas mixture what they used in WWI?

Joe

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crabo View Post
    Can any of you geniuses come up with an additive like pepermint oil or something that would make LLA less objectionable to the wife? and not have a detrimental effect?
    Get one of those fruity jar candles and warmer base next time you're at the dollar store. Get it going before you unleash the hounds of mule snot. Or do it outside, it's better for everyone anyway.

Gear

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Raab View Post
    Dilute it with whatever cheap aftershave you got last Christmas. If you use as little of that stuff as I do, you probably still have some Hai Karate or Jade in a drawer somewhere!
    I have some of both those!! Do you remember that far back??

SHiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post

That's brutal Ricochet.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master

I didn't think there was anything on the planet that could smell as bad as LLA, until Ricochet spoke up... Thanks buddy.
    JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

GOA and FPC have done more in the last decade than your NRA has done in it's entire existence... Support the ones that actually do something for you.

call me crazy, but i don't mind the lla...i only use it in my well-ventilated garage, maybe it would be different if i used it in the house.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by thenaaks View Post
    maybe it would be different if i used it in the house.
    Which is where most people use it I'm willing to bet...
    JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

GOA and FPC have done more in the last decade than your NRA has done in it's entire existence... Support the ones that actually do something for you.

I actually started this thread in jest. I wasn't disapointed. I told my wife about adding jewelry, she just laughed. I got a good one, but I may not get to do it again on the kitchen table.
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Boolit Grand Master
    I do it outside, if I can and let it stay there for at least 6 hrs before I take it in the shop to finish drying/curing

I was thinking add salt and pepper

Smile

I told my wife about adding jewelry, she just laughed. I got a good one, but I may not get to do it again on the kitchen table.
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Banned

Now THAT's funny! You MUST have a good one (wife, that is) if she let you do it on the kitchen table in the first place, even without adding jewellry to her.

Gear

I have a great wife who doesn't understand my fanatacism, but I keep telling her that my stuff is no worse than her stuff. It's just different.

Any woman that will bang the side of a grain silo with a tire iron, so you can shoot the pigeons as they fly out, has got to be a keeper.

She's shooting my 44 at full recoil.
    Last edited by crabo; 11-07-2009 at 11:52 PM.
    Crabo

I actually love the smell of LLA, it makes me think of the many days in my Reloading Shed.
    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
    SEMPER FI

If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

I have a great wife who doesn't understand my fanatacism, but I keep telling her that my stuff is no worse than her stuff. It's just different.

Any woman that will bang the side of a grain silo with a tire iron, so you can shoot the pigeons as they fly out, has got to be a keeper.

She's shooting my 44 at full recoil.
    For sure a keeper, but Pigeons

I love pigeons, I had a flock until a feral cat killed all 10 of them and did not even eat them
    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
    SEMPER FI

If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

My wife just read this thread. She says you just don't understand a good pidgeon shoot. These are just nasty birds! not the kind you keep for pets.
    Crabo