RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxWideners
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Results Lee 309 120R in Win 94 26"

Boolit Buddy

Results Lee 309 120R in Win 94 26"

Put a scope on the 1967 made Winchester 94, 26" octagon, 30-30 and shot it today. Mount was a Weaver 3B and matching rings with a Weaver K 2.5 scope.

The Lee 309 120 R boolits were unsized, no gas check, L Alox, 5.5 gr 231, seated enough to not touch the rifling (pretty far in).

Accuracy at 100 yards just wasn't there, in the too much wind, too variable conditions we had today.

Don't know about leading but accuracy did deteriorate as the 26 rounds were fired. Tomorrow the gun gets cleaned and the report will be updated with the amount of leading. A couple days ago I shot maybe 40 rounds through it and there was just a mist of lead, it couldn't be felt on the Chore Boy brush.

The bench was concrete with a heavy front rest and good rear bag.

Next I'll try the same boolit and load but with gas checks and also Lee's 312 185 1R's with gas checks over a reasonable load of 2400.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSSS View Post
    Next I'll try the same boolit and load but with gas checks and also Lee's 312 185 1R's with gas checks over a reasonable load of 2400.
    ............Probably see a marked improvement. Several possible explainations for the previous poor results.

...........Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Buddy
    Yep, the leading was back with the 120's without gas checks, more than I expected too. The Chore Boy brush did it's thing again and now the rifle is good to go.

Just worked on loading the 312 185 1R's, the bullet body in front of the driving bands is .3035" or thereabouts. This should keep it nice and stable moving down the bore.

We shall see.