Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
RepackboxRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: 357 maximum, which boolit

357 maximum, which boolit

I've been reading and reading and reading and now I'm in information overload.

I'm shooting a 357maximum in a Dan Wesson and a TC. I'm wanting to try and take a deer with a pistol this year. I've worked up several different loads that seem to be plenty accurate. My question is this.

Which boolit design is appropriate for deer with a Maximum in a pistol, the 358627 or the 358315HP?

Here are the details, 17.5gr H110,wolf srm primers, ACWW, all shooting is 50 yards or less.

Thanks
    Tom

Both will kill a deer. If I were hunting with the 215 grain 358627 GC-SWC, I would aim to shoot through the shoulders; with the 200 grain 358315 HC-HP, I would aim just behind the shoulder.

I've got a late season doe tag this year and I'm going to be hunting with my Ruger .357 Maximum loaded with the 358627 HP (208 grains), loaded over 19.0 grains of 4227 (~1500 fps). I will avoid heavy bone, and aim for the lungs. Based on previous experience with cast HPs and mule deer, I don't expect her to go more than ~20 yards.
    Glen