Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: LNL Bushings

LNL Bushings

I just bought a set of used Hornady dies and they came with LNL Bushings on them. Since I don't use the LNL, is there some trick to removing the bushings? I loosened the die ring set screws but they won't turn out of the LNLs easily; Do I need to use wrenches or is there some neat little trick that does it?

Boolit Man
    I've never tried to remove them after i set them, but they just screw into the bushing with very little effort. Try placing them in a vise with minimal pressure because i'm sure it wouldn't take a lot to crush the bushing into the die threads.

hope this helps,
    ken

OK, using wrench and channel locks, I got them off without messing up the dies. What are these bushings worth?

Boolit Man
    Why don't you try them on your single stage press and see if you like them. I like them, and very quick to change out dies, and as you can see they hold their die adjustment. I know, it's a gaget that really isn't necessary, but sure does speed up things a bit. And i seem to be getting a little lazy as i age too.

New they're around $12 for 3 of them, so you can go from there.

Thanks,
    Ken

It probably takes 10 seconds to turn a die into the press, I can afford that much time. Considering the difficulty I had removing the bushings from the dies, I am inclined to believe Hornady's claim that they lock in place more tightly and consistently than dies alone; that being said, in almost 50 years of reloading, I've never had cause to complain about the lock up consistency of plain RCBS, Redding, and Hornady dies. Now money; let's see... 5 three die sets and 5 two die sets, that's 25 dies needing bushings at $4 each... No, I think I'll just keep on keeping on like I have been. Thanks for your help.