RepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
WidenersReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: A new trickler

Boolit Master

A new trickler

I got my Sinclair catalog yesterday, and decoded that I needed a powder trickler. I went to the website and did the usual things to place an order, and The shipping was over $10:takinWiz: So... I tried Midway....The item was cheaper than anywhere else that I looked, but they wanted a $25 minimum order, or else there's a $3 service charge, as well as shipping..:takinWiz::takinWiz:I checked Graf & Sons....Here the item was the most expensive, and Graf's wanted almost $5 "insurance", but it was still $3 or $4 cheaper than anywhere else I looked, so they'll be sending the item to me... I hate when someone tries to gouge me on shipping...
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    I got my Sinclair catalog yesterday, and decoded that I needed a powder trickler. I went to the website and did the usual things to place an order, and The shipping was over $10:takinWiz: So... I tried Midway....The item was cheaper than anywhere else that I looked, but they wanted a $25 minimum order, or else there's a $3 service charge, as well as shipping..:takinWiz::takinWiz:I checked Graf & Sons....Here the item was the most expensive, and Graf's wanted almost $5 "insurance", but it was still $3 or $4 cheaper than anywhere else I looked, so they'll be sending the item to me... I hate when someone tries to gouge me on shipping...
    I have dealer prices at both Midway & Grafs. Grafs has a $100 minimum for dealers and that exclude me from making small order with them. I go to Midway for small orders. I feel most all the places today are fair in shipping. Midway just recently went to priority flat rate shipping too. That shows me they are at least trying. No it's not a pitch for them.

Joe

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    I ordered some sight inserts which a card of them weigh about an ounce from Buffalo Arms. The inserts cost $13 and they charged me $12.50 for UPS delivery. I called and they removed the charges from my bill. They could have been mailed for less than a dollar.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

I also have a dealer discount from Graf's through my C&R license. If you use the regular website, you pay regular prices, but get "free shipping (but a $5 fee). If you go the dealer way, you get a discount on the merchandise, but pay regular shipping. When I first placed my order, I thought I was getting the free shipping too. What a bummer when I read the invoice. I am finding the "dealer discount" at MidwayUSA is not that much since they recently revamped the site and shipping policies.

I am finding that one is about paying the same from MidwayUSA, Grafs, and dealer Grafs. It now gives me the excuse to drive 45 minutes to Cabelas and Scheels. They have fudge too!