Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9mm 124 gr. and bullseye

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckS1 View Post
    I have a CZ-75 pre-B that I brought back from Germany in 1990. I use 3.2 grains of Bullseye and a 124 grain cast bullet.
    Gotta amend this load recommendation. I loaded some Lyman 358242 125 grain boolits sized at .357 with 3.6 grains of Bullseye. Wow, what a difference from the commercial .355 bullets I've been shooting. With the Bar-Sto barrel, it shoots well into the 10 ring of an NRA B-8 target at 25 yards, meaning less than 2 1/2 inches, off a rest.
    Last edited by ChuckS1; 04-04-2010 at 04:33 PM.

Boolit Mold
    I would not use the stick on wheel weights for pistol bullets. It is virtually pure lead & better left for black powder shooting. I have been using clipon wheelweight alloy lubed w/ Alox getting excellent results in my 9mm & 38 Special +P loads (under 1250fps).. I recently found that by quenching the lead it was much harder & I could load for greater velocity. Heat your cast bullets at 450f for 1 hr minimum & drop in Icewater with towel at bottom..Dropping them in icewater from the mold works but is inconsistent... The quenching makes them harder than linotype alloy according to what I have read, but I don't have a hardness tester so cannot verify. I cannot stress enough to avoid stickon weights for smokeless loading though unless you need to soften some linotype or have the Antimony to add as it is just too soft for that pressure. DOC

Boolit Mold
    I ve bad luck with my autoloaders and that mold. Have lots of hang ups in my beretta and shield.
    That being said, its amazing for my smith model 10 38spl. 15 yards 1 ragged hole.

Boolit Mold
    Agree. Stick ons are only good to make harder alloys softer. 45acp and similar can do that. PC the bullets and you can still get your velocity up. They could do well in front stuffers tho.

Boolit Mold
    Agree. Stick ons are only good to make harder alloys softer. 45acp and similar can do that. PC the bullets and you can still get your velocity up. They could do well in front stuffers tho.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by awaveritt View Post
    Jonk. That is very interesting and brings me to another question I've wondered about. What would be good compromises for bullet designs that would work in both a 38 revolver and 9mm pistol? If the barrels slugged close, I might could even size 'em the same. Anyone else done this?
    Thats exactly what I do with Lee 356-125-2R and it works great. I PC and size to about .3575 and shoot that in both 9mm and my Ruger GP100 MC. You need to be able to chamber that size in your 9mm though so if your throat is tight you might need to get that throat reamed. I had Doug here do that on my Canik TP9 SFX and now it shoots .3575 better then ever.
    I also shoot the same bullet in 38S over 5gr of HP38. Its a boarder line +P load depending on manual you look at but its very accurate. Lighter loads didnt obtrude properly and even though I didnt have leading because I powder coat, accuracy was poor. This is my favorite and go to 38S load and I like it better then 158SWC, 148DEWC, 158RNFP which I also have and cast for my GP100.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by marek313; 09-07-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm using 4.2 gr. Bullseye behind an MP 359-125 hollow point. It gets around 1100 FPS, which makes power factor (if you worry about that) plus a little extra. Even at that velocity recoil is soft and accuracy is great

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12