Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataRepackbox
Snyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2

Thread: Buckshot - English Rigby Weight Question

Boolit Buddy

Buckshot - English Rigby Weight Question

Hi Buckshot,

Could you tell me how much that Pecatonica River English Rigby Sporting Rifle you made weighs?

The Petersoli Gibbs rifles are 12 lbs but they have a longer barrel with a different contour.

Thanks!!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by 30yrcaster
    Hi Buckshot,

Could you tell me how much that Pecatonica River English Rigby Sporting Rifle you made weighs?

The Petersoli Gibbs rifles are 12 lbs but they have a longer barrel with a different contour.

Thanks!!
    I weighed it once and it was 11 lbs some ozs which I don't recall. Sure hangs nice

.................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks!!

Hope mine turns out as nice as yours did. Your doc on building it is a great help. I can't tell you how many people I know that have looked at your doc and want to build one but just don't have the nerve. The short tang is a real negative. Luckily I know how to weld.

Boolit Mold

Pecatonica River- English Rigby

Buckshot,

Did I understand that you have built one of the Pecatonica River English Rigby Sporting rifles?

Do you have any pictures posted? How short is the tang ? Is there enough room to mount the base for a vernier sight ?

I have already ordered a rifle from them(.45 cal)

Thanks for any info.

Highwallbo

Super Moderator

.............Sorry, I just saw thios question. Some photos are at:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ighlight=Rigby

None show the tangsight, but I have pics I can post if you're interested. I suppose you've gotten your rifle by now?

.................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance