RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication

Thread: Shortened BFR 475

Shortened BFR 475

Now I have to send the grip frame off to me modified by Harton and to Cary for grips. Then maybe Ill get around to shooting it.

Boolit Buddy
    looks good. who did the work for you so far? how about the front sight-what blade height did you go with? i've got a 475bfr that i'm real pleased with, to date, but would like an improved front sight with simple blade change outs, but with a .100-.105 max width, depending on ultimate length of barrel. any chance for a shot of the muzzle crown? did you get on a list with harton or have some idea of leadtime for reasonably simple mods? lotsa questions, eh?

David Clements cut it for me. I don't know the height of the blade at the moment. I'll have to measure it later and post here. I have a feeling it is the .300".

Mr Clements said it would take 2 months or so, but I got it back from him in about 6 weeks.

www.clementscustomguns.com

Banned

Very, very nice!

Boolit Master
    That looks great! Clements does fantastic work!

Yea his soldering is much better than mine It looks like the base is part of the barrel. There is no seam.

I'll be glad when I get some grips on it. I made the ones on it and they stink, but it was my first attempt. I'll post some pics when it comes back. I am trying to decide between walnut or micarta.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tek4260 View Post
    Yea his soldering is much better than mine It looks like the base is part of the barrel. There is no seam.

I'll be glad when I get some grips on it. I made the ones on it and they stink, but it was my first attempt. I'll post some pics when it comes back. I am trying to decide between walnut or micarta.
    Don't go too slippery or you will cut yourself up pretty good on the trigger guard. This caliber must NOT be allowed to roll, you need a good grip.

Boolit Master
    Wow, that front sight is a major improvemnt, eh? Any plans for the rear? If it matters, a Bowen rear for a Ruger SBH fit my brothers BFR just fine, and really helped the sight picture.

Banned

Finally a bfr i wouldnt mind owning. Real nice. like dubber said the bowen rear target sight works great with the clements front post on my rugers.

Banned
    tek4260
    Now I have to send the grip frame off to me modified by Harton and to Cary for grips. Then maybe Ill get around to shooting it.
    Look forward to your range report.