RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nuevo Swedish m/96 LER scope mount

Dutch, I am afraid I will have to bother you for one of these mounts. When YOU are ready, please pm me and I will xfer funds to you in whatever form you prefer. Thanks in advance,
    Mike
    Lead.

Boolit Master

picture of first mount with second mount

Dutchman,

Here are the two mounts compared. Your assessment of the counter bore being to short is the proper diagnosis. It still fit very nicely and may make for a way to build elevation into the mount

One photo you might be able to see the tophat on both and the first mount where the shoulder does not contact. The second picture shows the initial fitting for the front toe of mount. Now that I have it off I will draw file it to a single plane and re blue. It is entirely usable and I would like to see for myself what effect it has on elevation.

The third picture shows the width adjustment on the first sight as a representation of how simple the mount is to fit. This is the only adjustment on the second mount.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN2627.jpg   DSCN2630.jpg   DSCN2629.jpg  

Boolit Master

When you described it I knew exactly what it was as I have a notation on my webpage about just that thing, the pin not going in because the rear end was too high and how to adjust it by filing the front end. You're the only one, Jeremy, that had to deal with that.

A few have sold off my webpage. I think the remaining ones will be gone by next weekend. I have requests coming in for Chilean 1895 mounts almost as much as these.

I have to see if I can have one of these Swede mounts end up on a hunt in Alaska so I can get some cool photos for the webpage.

Been too cold here to get to the range. I have a full day of load testing to do. I'm itching to get that done so I have some data and direction for some cast loads.

Dutch

Boolit Master

Dutch,

With any luck I will have some pictures of a mule deer next fall with this mount as part of the picture. If not it will be a boring old piece of paper shot ragged.

I have a hard time believing this is not a wanted item, as much interest as there was in the early stages. But if it is any solace the two b-square mounts I put up have had very little traffic if any and no bites even for trades.

Boolit Master

Dutchman,,,
    always a pleasure to read your posts, I have gained from your knowledge
    and you machine some very nice LER bases...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by atr View Post
    Dutchman,,,
    always a pleasure to read your posts, I have gained from your knowledge
    and you machine some very nice LER bases...
    Thank you. Its been a very long process for such a little item but the refining process has taken a lot of time. Maybe shouldn't have taken as long as it has. But its been very satisfying to design and make these different LER mounts. Tonight I spent 4 hours doing an altered design for the 91-93-95 Mausers. Its neat when it works out and neater when I actually like it. If I don't like it nobody else will like it and nobody else will ever have one.

Dutch

Boolit Master
    Dutch,

Outstanding work. I would love to buy one of your mounts for my M96 Swede. I'm a very patient person, so at your convenience will be just fine. I will send you the $55.00 when you give me the word. I am also sending you a PM.

Thanks,

Keith

Boolit Master
    Nanner-Nanner-Nanner!!!

Mine came this afternoon. The mailman knew it was important, so he trudged thru 4" of fresh snow to hand deliver it. That and a book on powder horns by Grinslade.

Rich

Tomorrow we (it, the Swede and I) head to the gunsmiths for a consummation of the wedding.

Boolit Master

Idaho Sharpshooter,

How do you like Dutchman's mount? did you install it already?

I had a similar experience with the mailman. He managed to get the box with a scope in the mail box so I can actually put the mount to real use. I bought a burris LER 4x from a fellow member here and it has a very nice eye relief for this application. Now to get to the range.
    Last edited by scrapcan; 12-08-2009 at 01:12 PM.

Boolit Master

I'm holding 2 for incoming funds. That'll leave 2 left from the 12 or 14 I did. I started with 16 but a couple got scrapped.

I have to do at least 20 mounts for the 1891/1895 Mauser for guys waiting on them before I do anymore for the m/96. And I think I'm going to try and make the m/96 mount a little less "fitting required" by milling the width between the ladder ears closer than the first batch. Even if it drops right in with a tiny bit of play it does no harm as once the pin is in place the mount can't move. Its just the esoterica of having "play" that I don't like.

I hope those of you who have one of my mounts enjoy them as much as I have. My first m/96 mount was 10 years ago. The LER type scope takes a little getting use to but after this length of time its second nature anymore. I've even come to prefer the LER scope as it leaves the "action" clear of obstruction for function and ejection.

Give me a cheap thrill.... lay that rifle with my scope mount across the rack of your Bambi, elk or moose. I'll put on my dad's wooden shoes and klomp around the house.

Dutch <who hasn't forgotten the Persian mount>

Any left for me?

elfego
    Can our government survive the next 4 years?

Boolit Master

Yeah, I do have 50 almost done. Production has been interrupted numerous times for all manner of reasons (excuses). They will be finished as I won't waste the time I've put in them so far.

These fit only the m/96 stepped base, not the m/38 Husqvarna tangent base.

Boolit Master

Dutch, you have a P.M.
    Pepe Ray
    The way is ONLY through HIM.

Depending on cost, I would be very interested in one for a M96 at a minimum.

Also might be interested in ones for a 1909 Argie and a Yugo 8MM if you get one.

What about a Moison Nagant 91/30?

Boolit Master

You guys wil not regret buying a mount from Dutchman. He makes some very nice stuff.

Boolit Mold
    You do great work Dutchman! I really like that low profile. You did send me an EM along with how to purchase this mount, but I think it is another one. I have Both the M-96 Carl Gustav 1917 and M-38 Husky. When I find out which is more accurate, I can choose one of your mounts. I will go along with the AIM LER scope.

Boolit Master

Glad this thread came up tonight.

I recently crossed paths with this website: https://www.badacetactical.com/colle...nt-low-profile

I wrote the owner and offered to review his mount considering its real close to what mine is..

Anyway, he sent me one of these and I'm satisfied with it so I can now recommend it over my older design. It is barely .100" taller but more importantly it is 1/2" to 3/4" further back towards the shooter's eye. Why this is important is because the NcStar 2-7x32 at 7x has only 8.7" eye relief. That puts the eye piece halfway into the loading port, as it were, so the mount is slightly improved over mine as it allows better ring and scope positioning.

Like I said, I have one of these in my possession.

I don't get any consideration for this but it will save me a lot of email.

Comes with wrench, thread-lock and color illustration.

Dutch - who was in the shop tonight working on the mount for the German Commission Gewehr 1888

In Remembrance

Are you making your mount for the Swede M96 yet? I was on your wait list several years back when you took a break.Robert

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post
    Are you making your mount for the Swede M96 yet? I was on your wait list several years back when you took a break.Robert
    Not making any more. That's why I posted about this other one very nearly the same as what I was making. You can get it now.

Dutch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123