Having been inspired by pillardrill, I got started with making a swage die to form bullets for my hornet using 22 LR case for jackets. Well, my first attempt showed some promise but in trying to get the shape right I managed to ruin it! (As we often do).
But my second attempt went much better. Here is the result.
The formed jacket with lead cast in
Swaged in my new die
After Sizing in the same die that formed the jacket
The loaded round
The recovered bullet
This bullet weighed in at 67gr - pretty close to what I wanted. (I can adjust it down but not up and then not by much).
Powder charge - 10.8gr Lil'Gun (The Holy Grain of hornet powders).
Penetration into compacte wet rags - 8 ½ inches (220mm).
Weight retention - 68% (46gr)
There was no core separation! (The core is not visible in the pic but is in there).
So, thanks to pillardrill, I have a new toy!