RepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What barrel options for Handi-rifle

Quote Originally Posted by joel0407 View Post
    I'm just finding this an interesting thread. So since this is a break action rifle do you just remove the front half and fit the next barrel. One day you can go and shoot rabbits with a 22 hornet and the next you can shoot pigs with the 45/70. Both using the same stock.
    Yep, that's how it works. The barrel swap takes me less than a minute.
    “an armed society is a polite society.”
    Robert A. Heinlein

"Idque apud imperitos humanitas vocabatur, cum pars servitutis esset."
    Publius Tacitus

Boolit Buddy
    Don't do it! Get rid of the one you have now, pronto. I bought one of the things about 6 years ago, in 30-30. I now have 30+, counting shotguns. You have come over to the dark side, you just don't know it yet. Seriously, they are more fun than getting dirty. The 22 hornet, 30-30, 357 mag, and 45-70 are requirements, everything else is just for giggles. I started out with extra barrels and one receiver, gave that up in a hurry. When you can buy a used rifle for $125-$200, there just isn't much use for the hassle of changing barrels around. They aren't for everyone, but if it trips your trigger, you WILL have a ball playing with them.

Boolit Mold

500 s&w

If we are talking about the same rifle I would have to go with a 500 S&W. Them that have done it and lived say your whole life rolls in front of your face when you touch off 700gr bullets at 1500fps frome a 5 1/2lb rifle. And for $235 retail.

Boolit Bub
    Just for what it's worth, The new extractor type .223 barrels are 1 in 9 twist. The old ejector types are 1 in 12. So, you need to decide what twist you want and do you want to pluck the partially extracted round or have the empty ejected over your shoulder. All mine are ejector types and I'm very pleased with them. Some people complain of accuracy problems with the 1 in 12 barrels. That's no problem with mine. It shoots great. Everything I have can out shoot me. I think the main decision to make is EXTRACTOR or EJECTOR.
    Beware. Which ever one you get, You WILL find them handy. The rifle is well named.
    Enjoy.
    Tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12