Load DataLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWideners
RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 PBcastco
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kroil in the mould - I did it, it works!

Boolit Master

I also got in on the Kroil deal. I chose the spray can as my second can. It works real good for getting it in tight places. As a bonus I kinda like the smell of the stuff as well.
    smoked turkey

Boolit Master

ken put it up as a sticky It took me a long time but you guys did it and found out a red neck hillbilly cant be all wrong. Guys found that it will get the choke tubes out too.

Kroil vs Marvel Mystery Oil - ?

Have had good results with the Kroil & molds. Use it almost for everything. How does Kroil (K) & Marvel Mystery Oil (MMO) compair ? For me K has to be mail ordered, MMO can be bought at the local auto store, Wal-mart .... just easier to find MMO.

JMc
    John Mc
    NSSA, NRA Life.

Boolit Bub

Kroil order

Hi y'all
    I went to the kroil website to look at getting me some. There is a terms agreement with the below, part of the agreement.

ALL PRODUCTS PRODUCED AND DISTRIBUTED BY KANO LABS ARE FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR RETAIL SALE, PERSONAL OR CONSUMER USE.
    By accepting the terms and conditions contained herein, Purchaser warrants that all products purchased through this website will be used for industrial purposes only and not for retail sale, personal or consumer use. Purchaser further warrants that it manufactures or constructs goods or commodities, or that it distributes to entities that manufacture or construct goods or commodities.

Why and what is the big deal? What kinds of happenings will bite you later for agreeing to this and you are a consumer?

Thanks,
    George

Boolit Master
    I tried the Kroil on a new Lyman 8MM mold I got for Christmas. I degreased the mold as usual and then Kroiled it up. After getting up to temp., it made some really good looking boolits. They didn't drop without some persuasion. But, what I liked about the whole idea the best, is the ability to keep the mold in a state of readiness all the time. I know, as has been stated that Kroil is not going to prevent rust per say. But, all my molds are stored in my heated safe. I think under those conditions, the mold will stay just fine and rust free. I have never felt good about letting a mold sit with nothing at all on it, but it seems to be fine in my safe wearing a light coating of Kroil. All I have to do now is get it out and go. Getting my mold ready to start was what hindered me the most in casting. Now, if I only have an hour to play with, I can get some good boolits, Kroil up the mold and put it away. And, in all fairness to the Kroil technique, I only have a can of the liquid, so my results may have been even better if I had the spray can as recommended. I give the idea a thumbs up. The pros far outweigh the only con, which is having to buy another product. But, a little Kroil will last a very very long time. So, that's not really even a con either and everybody should have some Kroil handy anyway.

Keith

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ggb3 View Post
    Hi y'all
    I went to the kroil website to look at getting me some. There is a terms agreement with the below, part of the agreement.

ALL PRODUCTS PRODUCED AND DISTRIBUTED BY KANO LABS ARE FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR RETAIL SALE, PERSONAL OR CONSUMER USE.
    By accepting the terms and conditions contained herein, Purchaser warrants that all products purchased through this website will be used for industrial purposes only and not for retail sale, personal or consumer use. Purchaser further warrants that it manufactures or constructs goods or commodities, or that it distributes to entities that manufacture or construct goods or commodities.

Why and what is the big deal? What kinds of happenings will bite you later for agreeing to this and you are a consumer?

Thanks,
    George
    I believe that the first part is to dissuade competition from retailers from competing with their web site sales. They probably have a pretty good mark-up on it and are discouraging any thoughts of a wholesale operation.
    The sentence: "Purchaser further warrants that it manufactures or constructs goods or commodities, ..." does not exclude you or I; we are producing goods and commodities whether we sell them or not.
    EW

Boolit Master

That is a disclaimer same as Micky Ds coffee is hot. Most NAPA stores have it or a tool supply place . The shipping is a little much if you dont get several items from the manufacture.
    Please read the sticky about useing it . It works better after several heat/ cool applications.
    I wipe the wet off and heat mold and cast about 50 or so put some on the mold and let it cool to touch. Re apply and wipe off and heat and cast.
    After about 3 times you can cast for several hundred boolits. You may half to tap a little but most times they will fall free. the ones that dont look at the hole with a magnfiying glass and there is a small bur near the edge that will hold the boolit. Shotman

Boolit Mold
    read the label penetrates to the millonth of an inch , works on everything

Boolit Buddy
    anyone tried kroil as a sprue platelube?

Pat

Outdoors, like the man said it works on most anything...don't ask me why, but I have used it in/on my guns for quite a while...now using in/on my molds...it just works, try it for yourself...Good Luck
    Slow Elk 45/70

Praise the Lord & Pass the Ammo

Boolit Bub
    Another formulation is Silikroil. Two other products of interest are Kreen and Microil.
    Recommend all. Rebuild of 1977 Ford 4wd F250 and maintenance for 12 years of a 1973 Torino was made possible with Kroil and Kreen.

Boolit Master

You used to be able to get a gallon of kroil from Midwayusa.com.
    Tried it on one of my molds and didn't like it. The bullets came out all sorts of strange. Went back to using alcohol and it works for me.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Mold
    What's Bullplate?. Sorry, I must have overlooked descriptions of it.
    Many Thanks, Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Jkrice View Post
    What's Bullplate?. Sorry, I must have overlooked descriptions of it.
    Many Thanks, Jerry
    It is a product that we sell to lubricate the mould, and keep lead from smearing on the top of the mould.

Boolit Master

I just used Kano Kroil on a Q tip on Mihec's Penta HP Pins and it made the boolits just drop off with a shake of mold.
    Pax Nobiscum Dan (Crash) Corrigan

Currently casting, reloading and shooting: 223 Rem, 6.5x55 Sweede, 30 Carbine, 30-06 Springfield, 30-30 WCF, 303 Brit., 7.62x39, 7.92x57 Mauser, .32 Long, 32 H&R Mag, 327 Fed Mag, 380 ACP. 9x19, 38 Spcl, 357 Mag, 38-55 Win, 41 Mag, 44 Spcl., 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 45 ACP, 454 Casull, 457 RB for ROA and 50-90 Sharps. Shooting .22 LR & 12 Gauge seldom and buying ammo for same.

Boolit Master
    Anywhere else and I wouldnt have belived it....Buck
    NRA LIFER .. "THE CAST BULLET HANDLOADER IS THE ONLY ONE THAT REALLY MAKES ANY OF HIS AMMUNITION. OTHERS MEARLY ASSEMBLE IT". -E.H. HARRISON

----------------------
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson
    ------
    "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."
    -- Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Kroil

Always suspected it is automatic transmission fluid and Ethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether, from the "pleasant" smell.

I haven't been able to find "Kanolabs Kroil" locally, would this stuff do the same thing?

http://www.blastercorporation.com/PB_Blaster.html

Boolit Master

Midway usa is where I found mine got some in small cans at first then jumped in and got a gallon. I use it for all kinds of stuff.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master
    Marvel Mystory Oil "Poor man's Kroil"

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast