Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything

Thread: GB Honcho respnsibilities and information

Super Moderator

GB Honcho respnsibilities and information

The GB systems has been streamlined to make things easier for folks trying to figure out "What in the Heck is Going On?" There will be a common proceedure requirement for ALL GB Honcho's, whether the Honcho is the company producing the mould, or an individual board member. This is:

1) In the FIRST post to an ACTIVE GB the following information should be listed;
    A) The design (picture or discription)
    B) Options available, if any and prices.
    C) Mould prices if more then one is offered
    D) Payment options
    E) Target number of moulds
    F) Projected end date (can certainly be changed)

2) Also in the FIRST or SECOND post shall be listed the zip codes for payments recieved. They should NOT be scattered throughout the pages of posts. It's desired that these be kept as up to date as possible. Ken (45nut) will alter the Honcho's ability to be able to edit their posts as long as the GB is ACTIVE.

3) Work it out yourself how you would care to handle it, but somehow we would like to eliminate posts to an active GB of, "I sent my check, I paid via Pay-Pal, My MO is on the way". These type messages should be PM's to the Honcho.

The new Forums in the New Group Buy Section will be:

1) DISCUSSION: Accumilating pledges (I'll take one!), design suggestions if allowed, etc.

Will move to ...............

2) ACTIVE: The Honcho is accepting payments.

Will move to ...............

3) CLOSED: No longer accepting payments. Design is in the builder's hands.

Will move to ..............

4) ARCHIVED: All moulds shipped. This GB is completed. Thread is locked.

5) GB MOULD RESULTS: A previously existing forum, moved into the GB Sub-group. For discussing the steller performance of the offspring of your new GB mould

The posting requirements shouldn't add much more work for the Honcho. It will make things MUCH easier for those folks interested in participating in the various GB's. Please make the thread posting requirements available to those desiring to Honcho a GB mould. The staff also has the info also available.
    Last edited by Buckshot; 08-26-2009 at 04:03 AM.
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Grand Master

Buckshot;
    I LIKE the new regulations. After the fact, I have come to the same conclusion on #2. That'll make it MUCH easier on all.

Dale53

Boolit Master

Buckshot
    like the ideas and would have helped with my first group buy that is in the final stages. Would like it if I could close my own group buy instead of trying to figure out who to get in touch with.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Honcho permissions have been increased so you can do just that, and move them from the discussion to active,, to waiting and archives.. as well as edit your posts on your own,, no need for a moderator to jump in. Meet me in chat any evening for guidance if you need !
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Grand Master

This procedure works well with traditional Honcho'ed buys. MiHec and BABore handle their own payments and ship direct to buyers. We need a way to organize the design of the boolit, gather interest and committments, and create a priority list for each of them, maybe? Something along the lines of drop shipment orders, but including the product design?
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Wayne
    It is a nice idea of drop shipment but who is going to accept the molds? each buyer when they get their mold? I don't know of many mold makers that will deal with that kind of setup.
    My mold maker drop ships to me the honcho who checks the molds and then sends them on to the buyers after they meet my design requirements.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Grand Master

Miha and Bruce both take money directly from the individual buyer and ship molds direct to the buyer. This is already in place. Bruce needs a committment of 15 to cut a cherry. That is, 15 people sending him money for the same mold. Miha does it similarly, I'm not immediately sure of his minimum to make a mold.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Banned

another zombie thread, since the original way we used to do GB's is no longer relevant, I say we unstickie this thread.