Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad Data
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: i have to show someone

Boolit Buddy

i have to show someone

who will understand. My wife bless her heart isn't that interested, and my family is down right anti gun. So you guys have be excited with me. My favorite gun store had a garage sale, for the stores 41st year in business they put some guns on sale and took all the "stuff" out of the storage and put it under a tent in the front parking lot. Best garage sale ever!

Nothing was priced you could wheel and deal and all the stuff was priced to go. I got a personal phone call from the store about the sale so i showed up the second day and picked up a big box (353 after sorting) of bullets, a new box of .224 55 gr SP, a old can of red dot, and then the cool stuff.

i spent in total 74$

Μολὼν λάβε

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

I am out of town, enjoy your holidays.

Moderator Emeritus
    Great score!

John

Boolit Master

Man I wish I could find deals like that!
    There's no way that could ever happen around here- except maybe at pawn shops.
    Really happy for you!
    USMC 1980-1985

Boolit Master

Good deal

The press or the lubri-sizer would cost you more than $74..retail on the whole haul would be over $250. AND it's all items that you could re-sell and turn a profit on...but who sells reloading stuff...I keep accumulating more.

You did well on this

Boolit Buddy James C. Snodgrass's Avatar

Talking

Man you slayed em . What a deal , If I ever get a deal like that I would have to tell some folks also . James

Boolit Buddy
    thanks yeah i'm pretty pleased since i was financially stalled on casting. and my little acculine was starting to get a little ratty after 15k rounds.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

In Remembrance

Kind of makes me wonder what you missed out on the first day of the sale?Robert

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar
    Great score! Love it when somebody finds a bargain like that. I'm totally jealous.

Regards,

Dave

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by .357 View Post
    So you guys have be excited with me.
    Okay. I'm excited. Will you let it all go for $75?
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

What a find indeed... Bravo !

Sprue ™

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range 257 Shooter's Avatar
    Great job! Little suprizes like your make life so much fun.
    In God WE Trust!
    NRA Life Member
    "I'll keep my guns, my money and my freedom, you can keep the change!"

Boolit Buddy
    i do know that someone found still in box 5k winchester 55gr surplus bullets for 100$ I would have loved that but i had to sit on the sizer while my sister drove up her debit card from the house, after i promised to give her the 40 + 5$ next friday for interest.

And my dad found the press asked the guy how much it was then paid for it saying i could pay him back. Most people were out for bullets, powders, primers, ect. only a few guys showed up looking for reloading set ups.

The two kids (about my age 25) that showed up looking for set ups left with pretty good set ups for 50$ (press, scale, dies, ect). I wish i'd had more money but i'm very happy with what i got.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Boolit Grand Master

Congratulations! And with a sister and father like that your family ain't all bad, antigun or no!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by garandsrus View Post
    Great score!

John
    DITTO!!

Take one of the Anti's shooting.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Buddy
    I take any anti that wants shooting! as a teacher i see alot of them. converted a couple too.
    Μολὼν λάβε