Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingRepackboxPBcastcoMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Wideners

Thread: 92 Rossi-Interarms 45 Colt Loads

Boolit Grand Master

92 Rossi-Interarms 45 Colt Loads

Greetings
    I finally tracked down and bought a Rossi Interarms and now am ready to start the loading process. What a fine little rifle with a GREAT trigger ! Near new in the box.
    What do you recommend for cast loads ?
    I have a Lee 265 gr Flat nose Plain Base ... A Lee 255 gr SWC PB .. A Lee 255 WC with a small round nose PB.
    All are cast with 50/50 WW-Pure. I am leaning more to the 265gr as it has a HUGE flat nose. Sized .454 as my chamber area is right at .4525+ and yes the .454 in brass chambers freely. Muzzle is .452+ a breath.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    Any of those with a mostly full case of Unique should be fine. As they (who are they?) say "let the rifle tell you". I use a 255gr RF Lee boolit and it is more fun than a guy should be allowed to have.

It has been called to my attention that I may have misled folks about my load of Unique. I like 8gr of Unique in the 45 Colt case.
    Last edited by timkelley; 08-16-2009 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Error
    Thanx, Tim Kelley
    SFC US Army (Ret)
    NRA Life

Still have noclue!

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

Boolit Master
    I'm shooting 19.0 gr of Blue Dot under a 250 JHP in a 16" Rossi '92 so if you want your rifle to speak with plenty of authority, I would not be afraid of trying 15.0 gr under your 265 and working up. I chose Blue Dot over 296 because of the extreme muzzle flash with the latter - BD has almost no flash at night and what little is seen is a dark orange instead of bright yellow (you can light a cigarette with the WW powder). Of course, lite loads are easy to work up with Unique or any other mid-velocity powder. BTW, I shoot hogs with mine so I want it stoked - you may not want to shoot the hot stuff.

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks fellers... that gives me some place to start. NONE of my manuals has ONE 45 carbine load... but I guess they were not that many about till the last 15 years.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Missionary, You might want to load a few and try them first. Some box stock 92's have a problem with the big blunt nose loads. I love my 92's. I know that you have some gun knowledge and will recommend that you buy the DVD that is sold by Steve Young. It will take you through all the stages for tear down or complete action job. I have used it to do my guns and they are as slick as butter. The 92 bolt can almost not be reassembled without using a empty cartridge case. Things such as that is on the DVD. My 24 in bbl model would not feed the blunt bullets or 45 Schofield rds before I worked on it . It now feeds them all. The 45 bullets with the RNFP work the best. The old 454190 is a great one to use. I shoot mine with a straight diet of BP but I have loaded 4.6 grains of Clays with the 45-225-cav RCBS bullet.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet