Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2RepackboxLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: help me pick a new lube

Boolit Master

help me pick a new lube

I have been using EMMERTS WITH OLIVE OIL for a year or so . I run it through a magma star on 9mm, 357,and 45acp ,it workes fine no leading. well now I would like to cast up some to store through the winter , and my lube kind of cracks off in storage and gets all over the place. as well in the summer it is a little to soft. I am thinking of trying some fancey store bought lube . I dont have heat on my sizer , but I lube at room temp. I could rig up some type of heat to try it out. Thear is so much to study in the lube section that it makes my eyes look like this. I will play with lubes all my life I am shore , but I want to try a sort of hard store bought lube for now.Can you fellas recomend a starting point 'CARNAUBA RED OR SOME WHITE LABEL' . I have got in the habit of cleaning the base and tip wile loading , but could git over that pretty quick.. ........... HELP I'M CONFUSED

"CR" probably too hard to run with no heater, suggest BAC from White Label or TAC1 from RandyRat. I don't think either will disappoint
    Kevin
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? (Sgt. Oddball, KELLY'S HEROES)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    my feedback thread
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

Boolit Master
    I am willing to try all of them.I will figure out how to order , thanks just got some lanolin from Randyrat should have thought of this a weak ago.I have a phone # for C Red and BAC. Ok I can rest my mind and go do some casting. Thanks Keith

Boolit Buddy
    Look up BLL on this site. Simple tumble lube and no leading in 357 Rugers I only used to shoot jacked in because they were such a pain with lead. It's so quick and easy that anymore I only use my Lyman 450 sizer to seat gas checks. Guns clean up in a few minutes with just a brush and outside wipe down.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by toallmy View Post
    I am willing to try all of them.I will figure out how to order , thanks just got some lanolin from Randyrat should have thought of this a weak ago.I have a phone # for C Red and BAC. Ok I can rest my mind and go do some casting. Thanks Keith
    If you just ordered from Randyrat, too bad you didn't order some of his Tak#1 lube in solid sticks...could have saved on shipping fees. Tak#1 is my first choice of commercial lube. I find it applies better with a "little bit" of heat, but if your room is warm, above 75º I bet your star will push that lube out fine without added heat.

Just a little side note: I find that when applying beeswax based lubes, if the bullets are pre-warmed or your sizer has a heater, the lube sticks in the lube grooves of the bullet better. Also, that heat will form a "skin" over the lube as it cools and the lubed bullets are easier to handle, less tacky. But be forewarned that while the lube/boolit is still warm, that the lube can get damaged if you let them fall from the sizer, into a bucket. When sizing with my Star, I do take the time to catch each one, as it drops from the sizer, and stack then on a cardboard sheet.
    Good Luck,
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    If you are looking around and "will try them all" per you post #3 above.....consider powder coating! Read the threads in alt coatings section.

Clean, smoke-free, not sticky, easy to do, looks cool, good accuracy, lets you up-size boolits to your needs, you can color-code boolits for load development.

I dumped grease 3 years ago. Many on here have also.

Check it out....."inquiring minds want to know".

banger