RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading Everything
Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Need help identifying some bullet lube

American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Need help identifying some bullet lube

I have some lube that came with a commercial Ballisticast lube sizer I bought. I will be using Hi-tek or PC. They are all solid 2" cylinders, the blue ones are about 5.5" long. ( I think they are Thompsons Blue Angel, I have 24 of them.) the Orange/yellowish ones are 6" long and I have 8 whole ones and two halves. Pics attached.
    What I'm looking for is a pretty solid identification ( as much as is possible) and a fair price so I can list them in S&S
    tganks for your help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God
    Bump 1

Moderator Emeritus

I didn't really want to comment on this(for a couple of reasons), but a couple days and over a hundred views and a bump and no one else has chimed in...So what the hey...I'll post my guesses.

The burnished yellow lube looks like one of the many brands of NRA 50/50, does it smell like alox ? Does it get real soft(almost too soft) when you heat it to, near body temp, in your hands ?

I don't think the Blue lube is Thompsons Blue Angel. Assuming your photo shows the correct color tint, the color isn't the same as the photo on Midway's website or this...
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...son-Blue-Angel

But maybe it looks like LBT? a quick google images search came up with this.

Also the Thompson website advertises their lube is sold in 6" lengths, although that isn't necessarily definitive.

If it is LBT? they offer a few different blends that have different melt temps. Maybe you could find the melt temp of your blue lube, and maybe that will help a potential buyer make up his/her mind?

Pricing? I think $2 per stick would be fair.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Buddy
    Looks like standard commercial 2" sticks of hard lube. Could be right from Ballisti-cast. pics look like it http://www.ballisti-cast.com/?page_id=104
    Priced at $4.50 a 2x6 stick http://www.ballisti-cast.com/?page_id=110
    Magma engineering sells a similar product