Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingWideners
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: lanolin

Boolit Master

lanolin

Looking around the various drugstore's for lanolin,I've found lanolin ointment.Is this what we need? Or is this a different substance all together? It does sound alot like something other than pure anhydrous lanolin.Any takers on this subject?
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Boolit Master
    Look online; there are numerous sources for plain old anhydrous lanolin - way cheaper than buying it in a drug store, too! And remember, for our purposes you don't need the medical grade stuff.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Go to amazon and punch in lanolin. I buy from a company that sells the 7oz jars of 100% pure lanolin for $4.50. A lot cheaper than some local stores that want $8.00 for a 1oz tube. The product that I buy is made by NOW . There are several sellers and you have to pick through them but can find the good deals. I bought 8 jars my last time. It has a very heavy smell but does wonders for a gun barrel.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Buddy
    Or you could try Mystic Mountain Sage, that's where I got mine from.
    I aim to misbehave.

Mostly Harmless.

If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Master
    I didn't read the other notes. But i was going to order from them untill i found out there shopping charges were outragous. If i remember rite twice the purchase price of the product. Check it out. Just my 2cents

Boolit Master

fromnaturewithlove.com by the # or 2# or gallon bucket and good shipping also beeswax and candle making supplies
    Calamity Jake

NRA Life Member
    SASS 15704
    Shoot straight, keepem in the ten ring.

Boolit Master
    www.soapgoods.com has it all at reasonable prices.
    ph4570

Boolit Master
    Dillon spray on case lube is Lanolin in an alcohol base. Likely it is 50-50.

Boolit Buddy
    Well, you can do all the math you want......but a one pound jar is probably close to a lifetime supply (honestly!). By time you pay shipping and all that, you're as well off to go see your local hometown druggist and buy the stuff. 12 years down the road when you're still using out of it, you will have forgotten what you paid.
    I'm shufflin' thru the Texas sand..... but my head's in Mississippi

Black Powder 100%

Jumptrap, I don't know what paper and pencil or electronic machine you are using to come up with that statement. I don't think the thread was about using the lanolin for a face cream. I make my own lube and use about 3oz each run. Out of my 7oz jar that leaves me with enough for 1 more run with 1oz to spare. I would like to know how it's going to last 12 years, oh I'm sorry I just redid my math and found a way. Don't shoot any bullets with lanolin in the lube. I like the lanolin mix and see where others do also. I have used three jars of 7oz each since the first of the year. No 12 year supply here.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Got my 1lb. jar from the local CVS on special order. Cost was around $12.
    Ten Bears; "You are the Grey Rider. You would not make peace with the bluecoats. You may go in peace."
    Josey Wales; "I reccon not."

Charlie Waite; "Men are gonna die here today, Sue, and I'm gonna kill them."

Boolit Grand Master

The last time i needed lanolin, I checked at a couple of the local drugstores. They wanted $25.00 per lb and they had to order it.

I ordered online from Mountain Sage for about $8.00 per lb. I put an order together with a couple of friends and we split the shipping. Scroll down the page:

http://www.thesage.com/catalog/FixedOil.html

This is the "real deal" - pure, anhydrous lanolin. It is useful in bullet lube, case lube, and jacket lube (for bullet swaging) and other uses around the shop.

Dale53

I use Liquid Lanolin made by: Home Health

Just this morning I bought another bottle made by: " Now" It was $4.99 for a 4 oz bottle at The Drug Emporium.

So search or Google for these and place an online order.

Four ounces goes a long way (felix) and I plink most every weekend.
    Sprue ™

Boolit Master

Hey...how 'bout mink oil?
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Black Powder 100%

Dale, That's the very company that I use for various chemical and natural products. That's were I buy my jojoba oil that goes in my lube also.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Got my 1lb. jar from the local CVS on special order. Cost was around $12.
    Rite aid will do the same
    My firearms project blog