MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
RotoMetals2RepackboxLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What happen to Scrounger?

Boolit Master
    Last year during the MTR 2 course I dropped a deuce....outside.......at night......in a blizzard.....at -20. It was invigorating to say the least.
    Some where between here and there.....

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snaggdit View Post
    Wisconsin DNR would be all over that... You can still pound a sand point as a landowner (but can't hire a well driller to do it) but no go on a septic without a licensed plumber to install it. I believe you can still have an outhouse, though.
    <
    I was told by somebody years ago that you couldn't build an outhouse in Wisconsin - that people would go to extraordinary measures to repair and preserve an ancient "grandfathered" outhouse.
    I don't know if that's really true.
    I do know of an outhouse that's only a couple of years old BUT I doubt there's been a building inspector anywhere near that property since - maybe never.
    <
    We may not be as bad as Kalifornia here but when it comes to the DNR and "environmental" regulations of any kind I just assume the worst.
    <
    Howdy Snaggdit! Greetings from the lower half of the state.
    <
    Uncle R.

Banned
    I've received contact from Scrounger. He says he's fed up with all the right wing political fighting on this forum. Says he comes here to talk guns and reloading, not politics. Also related he had been spending way too much time here. He ended with he would probably be back in a few days. Other then that he's fine.

Joe

Boolit Grand Master

I feel the same way as Scrounger some times. That's why I stay out of the Politicial section and then I don't have to worry about it.
    Aim small, miss small!

thats why that forum was created you don't want to read it don't go there simple. steve k

In Remebrance

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Good old days! up at 5AM eat, go to work, load 20 stops for 20 different stops too much for one trailer so load another. Leave terminal drive 50 miles to first stop, deliver all stops now you have driven 150 miles. Then you have two empty pups go pick up five stops load the empty pups, hook up drive 50 miles to terminal. All this only took 13 hours. Get up next morning start all over.
    Sorry boys them wern't the good old days, I get up when I want do what I want and go to the range when I want. These are the "GOOD OL DAYS"
    The DOT officer in me cringes at the thought of you guys working hours like that. There's something to be said for the Hours of Service rules these days.

Political stuff? People post political stuff on this forum? I figured everyone in the country believed in the second amendment... JK
    "To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. " - Thomas Jefferson

"Mankind will in time discover that unbridled majorities are as tyrannical and cruel as unlimited despots." - John Adams

I think Art got a new ewe and hasnt had time for us lately.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by carpetman View Post

Sounds alot like the voice of experience speakin right thar

Boolit Master

Well I guess He dont vote for the right people LOL

Banned

Talkin' bout' MIA...

When did Jumptrap come back? ...

Good to see you comrade... The old crew of forefathers are returning to make sure CB stays on the straight and narrow..

Gee am I busy these days. Can't keep up ..

Liar Liar pants on fire! :roll:

So I lied. Were looking at two of these for our home up north.
    http://www.mariahpower.com/windspire...o-gallery.aspx
    Add a bank of golf cart batteries and an inverter..............
    Scrounger told me that if you have these the power company has to run wires to your place and buy power from you. Huh the primary reason for putting these in is the poles are so far away.

I thank you all for caring enough to wonder about me, it's more than I deserve. Unlike what CarpetMan has probably been saying, that I moved to a sheep ranch, or that I was run out of town because of Megan's Law, the truth is a lot less interesting. It was not because of the political bickering, I think I can control myself enough to ignore that. I don't think I will be posting anywhere near as much as before. You just reach a point where some things don't mean as much to you as they used to, where the interest just isn't there anymore, at least to the same level. I have been hanging around here ten years now. It's sort of like going to school, in the beginning, there is much to learn, but eventually you get to where you are seeing things for the tenth, twentieth, time and it just isn't interesting anymore. I was spending entirely too much time reading the same thing over and over... So I took a break, spent more time with family matters, read a lot about baseball, listened to music a whole lot, and just napped in my chair a lot. I have an interest in learning more about computers and the things I could do with them. I have even been thinking about starting my own blog. I would enjoy the technological challenge but there are a couple of thoughts that are holding me up on that. They say you must be passionate about the subject you are blogging about in order to keep plugging at it day after day. I'm not passionate about anything! If I wrote a blog it would be about whatever came into my head each day, movies, books, music, shooting, the bad schools, some people being overpaid and others underpaid, law enforcement, politics (!!!!), dogs, food, you name it. Pretty hard to have a consistent following when they don't even know what you're going to talk about on any given day. And the thought that people would even care about what I thought really scares me. I have lived my life trying not to influence anyone, to get someone to think as I do; but just to be their own person, not a poor copy of someone else. Other fears are whether the blog would make any money at all, even maintenance fees. Another facet of my mind says the only reasons for having a blog is to either make a little money or feed a big ego. I doubt it would break even money wise and I'm totally bankrupt as far as ego...
    I imagine most of my reading and posting will be in the Swapping/Selling Section and Humor/Off Topic.
    On a social note, I met Duke and Barbie in Las Vegas today. Nice people. They told me their plans, makes me wish I was young enough and energetic enough to do what they plan. Best of luck to them.
    For a month I've drooled for the Teryaki Burger Carl JR's advertises, you know, the luscious girl in the bikini dripping sauce all over the place... I finally found a Carl's in Las Vegas and had one of the burgers. It didn't taste as good as it looks on TV. The girl probably doesn't either...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by carpetman View Post
    Baaaaad joke
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Thanks Art.
    All is well again at castboolits.

In Remebrance

Quote Originally Posted by DUKE NUKEM View Post
    So I lied. Were looking at two of these for our home up north.
    http://www.mariahpower.com/windspire...o-gallery.aspx
    Add a bank of golf cart batteries and an inverter..............
    Scrounger told me that if you have these the power company has to run wires to your place and buy power from you. Huh the primary reason for putting these in is the poles are so far away.
    At what it costs THEM to produce it. There's always a catch.

In Remebrance

Nice to know you're okay Art. You've got a point about places like this, after a while the same question over and over and over gets old.

Best wishes in whatever you do.

Boolit Bub
    357maximum Sounds alot like the voice of experience speakin right thar

Now that's funny.

Banned

Old thread but didn't Art go into the witness protection program?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by PatMarlin View Post
    Old thread but didn't Art go into the witness protection program?
    I thought it was the "witless" protection program. Always enjoy reading Scroungers posts.

SS
    NRA Life Member Since 1981

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

II Corinthians 4:8-9. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed."

Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]