Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad Data
WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: the JD Henry 358-75 gn wc buy gone bad

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    So, how do we get the rest of us taken care of? I still want this mold desperately and I think 24, or more, others that do too.
    Mihec?

Boolit Master

Angry

“”Maybe it was locked for fear as to what some of the comments might be since they (molds) will remain undeliverd for at least 2 more weeks. Actually probably another month as the vacation is 2 weeks, and I really don’t expect any urgency on JD's part when he returns home...

Once the molds get delivered, [if they do], there might be a few comments posted indicating one's true thoughts on this entire escapade of over 2(?) years...

My first and last group buy FOR SURE...BCB””
    __________________________________________________ ___________

That was my post from July 30, 2009 (Got to put the year on there!)…

Many of my early posts were of the same skepticism and I was the one that wanted the total amount of money we paid him sent to someone of responsibility—possibly 45nut. Nope, we can’t make him do that—he already sent it to Lee—did he? That way we would have had more of his money and at least could have gotten some monetary retribution…

And as I have previously stated, I deal with enforcement of laws and regulations—and sometimes take peoples money. I read this cat towards the end of the “con” (opinion) like a book. They are the ones that never accept responsibility—it is everyone else’s fault—poor poor pitiful me is their philosophy. In 25 years, I have heard every cry baby excuse that can be generated by the persecuted "innocent"—one must learn to distinguish between the truth and a lie…

Now I sit here and type this and observe the check that I received. I too wonder if it will cash or even if any of my banks will accept it. I sent him a Postal Money Order—I guarantee it cashed…

Well, for all of you 2-cavity guys (pun intended), we got violated (again, pun intended). But, if indeed, this is as far as this legendary GROUP BUY does go, hey, we are tough enough to survive this hit. Bet many of us have been hit hard—hell, I battled cancer the past 2.5 years and I am still here. JD doesn’t mean crap (a kind euphemism) to me…

And finally during my Army days of 40 years ago gone past, we had a name for guys like him and I will wager there are other soldiers here who are aware of that name—PUKE…

I’m gone for now, but I may surface again…

BCB

Addendum: Just read 45nut's post___I agree...
    Last edited by BCB; 08-27-2009 at 06:30 PM.

Made in U.S.A.
    We would be happy to make a run of two cavity moulds.
    Would need a honcho and Glen Larson's permission to use the drawing.

Can get the tooling going tomorrow.
    If no one wants to honcho it I will.

Swede Nelson
    The expectation of evil is more bitter than the suffering -OR-
    More people die from worrying about getting ate by a bear then get ate by a bear.

Boolit Bub
    Hey JDHENERY you offered to cast a bunch and ship them at your cost, no need for that BUDDY just let me borrow your mould for a week and I will ship it back to you at my cost......I promise!!! You have my address, you sent your loan payment back to me remember.

Banned
    PM'd Swede

Boolit Grand Master
    45nut:
    In response to your request, I, too, had ordered 2 cavitiy moulds (yes that is plural) and like others here got the form letter. I was dumb struck.

I ordered a mould and then the process lagged a little and it seemed that an additional order might speed it all along. I sent the second check for a second mould and have been standing by for almost two years for 2 Lee Two Cavity moulds.

I'm disappointed.

Boolit Master
    I,m still look'n for my 3 six hole moulds. I hope the mail lady does'nt hold on to them because of the dogs are staked out, out front, like last week.

Boolit Bub
    What a wife he has..... she helped him pack up all those (half) moulds, staying up all night but she also WROTE THE REFUND CHECKS! Talk about taking one for the team.....so he didn't have to......

Ouch, sorry to hear about the mess this buy turned out to be. Fortunately, my first group buy was a real joy (catshooter's 32 Keith), the mold worked out great and came in much quicker than anticipated. The other buys I have taken part in since then have gone well too. I currently have two group buy molds outstanding. I'm not concerned becasue I know that the majority of folks here are fantastic people who will do everything in their power to see the buys completed to satisfaction. For the honchos and mold makers working hard to do things right, I give my sincerest thanks.

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Well Jeremy was on the board today and did not even take the time to acknowledge this discussion.
    That speaks volumes to me. :takinWiz:
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Master
    I applaud Swede Nelson for his willingness to step up so quickly and help all who got screwed on this deal !

If Swede does indeed run this mould I am sure there are many others who would join in. I know I will !

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Boolit Master

I hope Swede makes it at least a three banger - these will be consumed quickly. That's partly why I started a buy for the same basic boolit - but in a "Lee Liquid Alox" version to eliminate the time spent sizing these things. Sizing is starting to seem like a real hassle - takes too long! I want one.
    "The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave."
    James Burgh, Political Disquisitions, 1774

Boolit Master
    Swede can make you any size from 1-5 cavities !

I sure hope this works with NOE ! Swede makes a far superior mould at a good price !!!!

I held out on the original buy ( lucked out !) .

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 45nut View Post
    Well Jeremy was on the board today and did not even take the time to acknowledge this discussion.
    That speaks volumes to me. :takinWiz:

45nut,

I am addressing this to you because I don’t know who else might have the ability to answer a couple of questions…

1. I wonder exactly when Henry knew he hadn’t “ordered” the 2-cavity molds—how long did he string we 2-cavity mold hopefuls along?

2. Or where they “ordered”? Might they still be available at an elevated price?

3. Has Lee been contacted to get the “rest of the story” or is it nearly impossible to get a correspondence from Lee?

I am really interested in a chronological description of this misdirected unorganized episode.

I keep looking at the check he sent and I don’t know if I am going to attempt to cash it or not. Buy cashing it, he may be completely left off of the limb. I think he owes more than a form letter and 35 flippin’ bucks for 2 years of anticipation and his falsehoods and lies…

It is my opinion that he be booted from this website and not allowed to post anymore…

BCB

Boolit Master
    I'm confused jdhenry ran the Lee C-358-180rf with out a hitch, something must have gone terribly wrong. Something like this to happen after a rather stellar career on this board, something doesn't rub right, I reviewed his history here actually up until now better than some, no arguing, and praise for his Honcho job on the Lee C-358-180rf.

I read 17 pages of posts and found nothing like what happened with the 74 gr. buy not even close. It appeared he very much enjoyed casting and this forum, he stated so in many of his posts. I would like to see JD respond to the comments posted here, like I said I'm confused but also lucky I guess I did get my 6 cavity 74 gr. mould.
    Lucky Joe
    "There's always a way."

Boolit Buddy
    08/29/09

Went to mailbox. Nada. Again.

charlie

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

BCB,,I plan on calling Lee monday to talk to Pat about this. I was very much hoping to hear from JD about this but he apparently declined so far.

I would be very ticked if he did indeed just string along the 2c buyers since january of '08. I would find that particularly despicable indeed.

C'mon JD.. WHAT IS THE DEAL HERE?
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Nothing would "throw a wrench" into our wonderful group purchase opportunities than this kind of thing.... It's good to see 45nut hitting this issue head on and the website aggressively seeking answers.

If some kind of foul play is concluded it appears to me there may be some recourse with the USPS mail fraud division. If not them, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) could be invited to investigate. This may all sound like a lot of over-kill, but rip-off people get ideas from things like this and we sure don't want that to happen here with our very relaxed transactions.... A lot of trust goes into these group purchases so lets not let this guy spoil it...

My .02c
    "Hindsight is always so much more accurate than foresight, but well considered foresight so much more valuable." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I will point out that although the staff is pretty much universally mad about this situation, all we really have recourse to, is a ban on an individual. We have always taken a position that the board staff itself cannot be directly involved in group buys, other than as individual purchasers. That covers us from being actually financially responsible for any messes like this one.
    Along that point, I'm not sure if incompetence would raise this to the level of taking the ban action. It should certainly make people gun shy of dealing with the individual again, though!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

waksupi,

I do somewhat agree with you, yet there are 20+ (?) people who where inconvenienced and misrepresented…

I must admit that since the initial shock of the breaking news is in the near past, the anger has somewhat diminished. Anger may actually be too strong of a word—more accurately might be amazement and discouragement at the finale…

Banishment will certainly be the responsibility of the “members of the board” and whatever way they decide will have to be acceptable…

I also agree that incompetency may not be grounds to banish, but one must think of the other members who were directly involved…

And even if he remains, there was a book written many years ago—A Man Without A Country. That worked then and it will work now. Ignoring is a powerful force…

And really the decision might best be determined once the TRUE STORY of events is known, if it can ever be pieced together since much of the trail is cold from 2 years of weathering. I think that if 45nut can get in contact with Lee concerning this conglomeration of misinformation presented by the person in question the decision might be self-evident—one way or the other. Henry was certainly efficient in posts that were scarce and full of vague, deceitful, and “smooth-talking” language…

I am actually more interested in the entire chain of events that lead to this saddened outcome. Maybe we will get the entire scoop in the near future…

BCB
    Last edited by BCB; 08-29-2009 at 08:20 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast