Load DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
PBcastco Wideners
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Targets from your printer

I have some of these links already, thanks for the others.

Thanks for the targets. My son and I would surely enjoy printing and shooting them.

Banned
    I got a compass, a marker, and some decals from a toy airplane for the numbers, and scanned it to my computer, you can shoot at it too if'n you want to.

NRA LIFE Member

USPSA/IPSC

Old War Horse

Thumbs up

Good Job, Neil, and thanks too, it's appreciated.
    Jim Fleming

I will bleed, Red, White, & Blue forever.

USAFR (Retired)
    NRA Endowment Member
    VFW Life Member

Banned
    thank you

I spent several weeks hunting down all of the sights posted and printed off one of each of the good ones and made a master file package . I modified many of them by adding load data blocks or vertical and horizontal crosshair indexing lines and all kinds of other stuff. I also found that by using some colored paper that was more of a pastel rather than flourescent color the contrast was greatly improved and target definition was much much better. Now when I want copies I go to Office Max I can get a couple hundred copies ran off in a few minutes at about $.08 apiece and some of those targets use "ALOT" of ink for each one. My lexmark can only do maybe 4 dozen or so of these heavy black block type or the Palma long range targets before they start to fade and a $30.00 cartridge is done for. By trying different targets at a few cents apiece I have found certain ones to be better suited than others for specific tasks such as for sighting in,,, scoped rifle and iron sighted rifle,,, shooting at different ranges,,, load developement,,, pistol shooting ,,, and some just plain old targets for having fun . Some of those fun targets have helped me get some of my old stick in the mud buddies out shooting more . Cetrain ones have scoring formats on them and we have a friendly little competition round we will shoot that usually has some form of small wager built into it such as who buys lunch or "livations"

Boolit Master
    I like the choice of targets I pick the right one for each situation. I refill my ink so the cost goes down........."Variety is the spice of life"

Boolit Master
    I work as an IT guy (computers), and before a printer goes to the boneyard, I hook it up to my computer and run the ink dry, using scrap paper. I ran that one HP1120 for weeks before i used up all the blue ink.

I designed my own targets on Microsoft word, mainly to get a 1" grid. I will try to post some pictures, and will share them if anyone is interested.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfin View Post
    I work as an IT guy (computers), and before a printer goes to the boneyard, I hook it up to my computer and run the ink dry, using scrap paper. I ran that one HP1120 for weeks before i used up all the blue ink.

I designed my own targets on Microsoft word, mainly to get a 1" grid. I will try to post some pictures, and will share them if anyone is interested.
    I'd be interested,so yes please.
    Cheers

no34570

"I'll tell you what rule we applied sir,We applied rule 3-0-3, We caught them and we shot them, under rule 3-0-3." :Lt Harry " Breaker" Morant at his court martial in January 1902.

Boolit Master
    no34570,

Any preferences as far as 1" grid or ½" grid?

Size of bullseye?

Color or Black & White?

I can do 11"x17" paper size (or 8½"x14") as well. I hope to get a picture up tomorrow.

Boolit Master
    Okay, after going from "Plan A" on through the alpahabet, I finally had to use Microsoft Image Writer to get pictures of the Microsoft Word documents. Unfortunately, that seems to allow only for a black and white picture of the targets. Instead of the red and yellow bullseyes, they show gray:

[IMG][/IMG]

Anyhow, once you have a copy of them, you can fix and color the bullseye on a target any way you want, if you have Microsoft Word on your computer.

Sorry for the delay.

PM me if you would like me to send you a copy of these targets as a Word attachment. I also have an 11" by 17" that features features two bullseyes, evenly spaced.
    Last edited by bowfin; 01-24-2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Punctuation

As I was told when I was a child; your elders will make you smarter if you listen. Then when you are older your elders will teach you WISDOM.
    300winmag

Boolit Master

John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Bub
    Here's some I found interesting, need a plotter though. Kinkos makes them affordably (is that a word). size is 24x36 long range.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LR_Mil_target.pdf   LR_Moa_Target.pdf  

I don't like to use up my printer ink either . I'll find two or three targets online, print out one each and take them to Office Depot. Works for me.
    Sprue ™

Boolit Master
    This is the target I used for handguns. It's a overlapping of IDPA/IPSC, with a 4" zone as well.

Pic version below. Pdf version attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IDPA-IPSC_Lower_s2_Desc-Light.pdf  

Boolit Mold
    I printed off the traditional bullseye on 8 1/2x11 printer paper, took it to work, placed 2 on a 8 1/2x 14 leger sheet and printed off 100. That way we could share the gun and have our own target.

Boolit Master
    Any full size Paper Buffalo Targets about.Or 3/4 size.Would like any links to suppliers.
    In sections of course.Was thinking of making a large Plywood Stencil and spraying throughit on to Decorators Lining Paper.
    Last edited by Col4570; 04-04-2011 at 05:50 PM. Reason: To add more information.

Boolit Master
    As an alternative to printing one's targets, I also buy round labels to use as bullseyes.

This allows me to use recycled paper that wouldn't work in printers and use 3-4" bullseyes that would drain an inkjet cartridge dry in no time, or put a dent into a colored laserjet toner cartridge. They also seem to be brighter than I have been able to reproduce on a printer.

Here are two places that sell neon round labels:

http://jenco-label.com/color-code-circle.html

http://stores.ebay.com/LABELS-AND-MO...=p4634.c0.m322

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast