Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWideners
PBcastcoRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Targets from your printer

Boolit Buddy
    I must be really cheap.
    I'll take the junk mail letters, use a 3/4" washer. Fill in the center with a red marker and trace around the outside. Since we can have only 1 target (paper) on the backer. I can have 6 targets to shoot at. Save a few trips down range to change out targets.

Moderator Emeritus

Reloaders Reference software has an add-in set of targets in PDF that can be printed off. If memory serves there are nearly 100 of them.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/
    Reloading Data Project - (in retirement)
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/

Smile

I've used a strip of exam table paper with colored dots from Wal-Mart's office supply section as aiming points. Hard to see those with open sights, though. Paper plates with a dot in the middle work.
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Boolit Mold

targets

10 years a go I had to stay at the training range for 3 hours and watch my instructors guns and targets.For 3 hours no one came,so I shot . Ammo was $5 for 50 rounds and targets were .40.I shot $20 of 357 and $30 of 45acp. targets were to much to pay so I started to shoot flies. just put some ketchup on the backstop and wait,a very fun way to kill time.

Boolit Mold
    I shoot at 50 pound feed sacks. Built a stand that they slide down over. Most already have something printed or a picture to aim at. Roy

Boolit Grand Master

Old War Horse

Thumbs up

hee hee!

Time and flies... ugh!

Lamer alert ----> Holy Nastiness Batman! Killing flies has got to be the best target practice ever!

Hee Hee! I just couldn't resist!

Quote Originally Posted by batman View Post
    10 years a go I had to stay at the training range for 3 hours and watch my instructors guns and targets.For 3 hours no one came,so I shot . Ammo was $5 for 50 rounds and targets were .40.I shot $20 of 357 and $30 of 45acp. targets were to much to pay so I started to shoot flies. just put some ketchup on the backstop and wait,a very fun way to kill time.
    Jim Fleming

I will bleed, Red, White, & Blue forever.

USAFR (Retired)
    NRA Endowment Member
    VFW Life Member

Here are some more ideas for cheap targets. I bought some colored paper and post-it-notes at Walmart. The flouresent paper has 5 different colors and the black is ...just black. The paper packs were $3.50 each. 50 pieces for black (heavy paper) and 100 (20 each color) pieces for the colored. I can't remember what the post-it-notes cost. The black pens cost $1.50 for 2 and they are for making bullseyes on the colored paper.

Here is some different targets. The one on the left is just plain white paper. My friends liked shooting at the black targets with their handguns. black works goo for close shots, and the flouresent colors work good for longer shots. Neither works good for sighting in. For sighting-in, some of the printer targets listed in the first post works better, especially the ones with the 1 inch square grids. The cardboard piece with a hole in the center is for drawing the bullseye. I used glue sticks to help hold the post-it-notes to the paper.

Do not fear the enemy, for your enemy can only take your life. It is far better that you fear the media, for they will steal your honor. That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoemaking and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poorhouse. Mark Twain

Boolit Buddy
    I don't know what all the fuss is about printing costs...

I print mine at the office after 5 on Friday after every one else has gone for the weekend. We use 11x17 for the engineering drawings...

Boolit Master
    I print mine on heavy computer paper that i obtained when the hospitial i worked for changed printers. The paper is thicker than greeting card paper. I obtained it(was trashed) in 1993 Still have alot left( ok i tend to hoard stuff) I use my printer .I refill the ink with refill kits( much cheaper than buying manufactors ink) There are many great sites for free targets. The variety is endless Rick

Boolit Mold
    As a court reporter, I buy cartridges for my laser printer in railroad car lots. I can print 3,000 to 3,500 pages for $70 (lawyers use up a LOT of ink). I find the black and white targets most useful. With a good piece of cardboard for backing, they serve me well.
    I would not want to print the color ones, as I only have a small inkjet for color. Nothing needed in color in my job. (A good reporter has need of neither color nor imagination).
    BTW, at one time someone made a rubber stamp that would print a standard 25' slow fire bullseye. Is that still available?

Cheap white paper plates with a round price sticker in the center.

Boolit Bub

Thumbs up

Hey thanks alot.

Boolit Buddy
    I think I just entered targets in the search window and picked a site from there. Chose 2 targets we liked and hit print. Copied a few hundred of each. Since the range will allow 1 piece of paper on the target backer, and we have to share a lane sometimes. I taped 2 onto an 8 1/2 X 14 leger sheet and copied a few hundred of them too. But we add a bit more. We add 6 of the Birchwood Casey Shoot-N-C 3" stick-ons. That saves us a few trips down range to change targets.

Boolit Master
    I buy those red plastic throw away plates.I take a plastic cup & cut the bottom out.

Center it on the bottom of the plate & spray white paint in the center of the
    cut out cup for a bulls eye.Cheap easy & the bullets make clean holes.

Boolit Master

That is a great list of souces for targets. My other half got me that CD, "Click and Shoot" for my B Day. So I been using that to make targets.

I am looking for the Ground Hog Flipping the Bird target, it is probably some where out there.

Jerry
    Honor is a Way of Life

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Boolit Mold
    I usually get my targets done on 8.5x11 paper at a COSTCO business center, seems like last ones were just a couple cents each. I use them on target frames that have a backing so they hold up well until they get wet. Shamefully (somewhat) I shoot my cast bullet loads at 25 yards so most loads stay on the paper. Sometimes I'll use a newspaper page as bigger backer to then use if to adjust rear sight to put it on the 8x11 target,
    Six years ago I bought a refurbished Samsung 1710 BXW laser printer for about $90 delivered as well as four refill bottlers of toner for anoither $60, a couple months ago I got a new toner cartridge good for 3000 pages for $31 delivered. I could use that to print out targets for a couple cents each total...haven't done in yet.
    Never too late for a happy childhood

Boolit Mold

Smile Printed tasrgets

I use the printer at work.Tee He-He
    shssssss!

Boolit Master
    HI,
    Used the links, printed off over a dozen I did not have. loved the dino one!
    THANKS FOR THE LINKS.

Old War Horse

Thumbs up

Here's a variation of a target that I got, first from this thread, I think...

I altered it slightly... I think that with the cross hairs and the wee bullseye it'll make it a bit easier to 'level' your scope, and center the reticle at 100 yds plus...

JIMinPHX didn't you post this target, first...?

http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B0-E...ODNmNzQ5&hl=en
    Jim Fleming

I will bleed, Red, White, & Blue forever.

USAFR (Retired)
    NRA Endowment Member
    VFW Life Member

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast