Titan ReloadingWidenersLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: New 1903A4 Springfield Sniper Rifles

Banned

New 1903A4 Springfield Sniper Rifles

These are from Aim Surplus www.aimsurplus.com

Item#1903A4
    US model M1903A4 Springfield bolt action 30.06 Rifles. These Rifles are built using original Remington-made World War II M1903A3 actions and turned-down bolts. These fine Rifles feature newly manufactured 4-groove barrels identical to the originals. Each receiver is carefully drilled and tapped using replicas of the original "Redfield" rings and mounts and an exact copy of the M73B1 scope, used on the 1st model M1903A4's. Each barreled action has the original military parkerized finish with beautiful walnut stock furniture, again, identical to the originals.
    Each includes a replica of the M1907 U.S. issued leather sling and OD Green canvas carrying case. Not just exceptional in looks and finish, each gun is made to hold to the accuracy standards of the U.S. Military during World War II. These Rifles are currently in very high demand and we have a limited supply, so order while you can! $999.95 1 penny shipping.

Joe

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Wow,, that looks decent.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Way past decent if you ask me!
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Grand Master
    Did y'all notice the barrel appears to be ported?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Did y'all notice the barrel appears to be ported?
    Those aren't ports, Jim. Those are the milled slots for the front sight. Even though the 03A4 didn't use a front sight, all the barrels were milled for them.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Generous Donator
    In 1963 I had just returned from a hitch in the navy when my dad received a letter from DCM authorizing him to pick up a 1903 from the local army depot. We drove out to the Tooele Army Depot and when my dad walked out of the warehouse he was carrying a 1903 A4 exactly like the one in the above picture. It had the bent bolt and Redfield base attached, only missing the scope. It was absolutely pristine; looking as if it had been in careful storage it’s entire life.

As he had earlier received another 1903 from the DCM, he gave the A4 to me. I had been hunting deer with a Krag and figured this was my chance to upgrade my hunting rifle. I re-barreled the A4 to 25-06, stocked it with a decent piece of walnut and added a Timney trigger and Redfield scope. I was awfully proud of that gun at the time, it was a good deer gun and as Remington had not yet produced the commercial version, the only 25-06 in the area.

I still have the gun, seldom used now, sitting in a safe among several other guns of the same class.

My dad paid $13.50 for the gun and yes, I do have some regrets about what I did to it. My only excuse is everyone was doing the same thing at the time and none of us understood how rare and valuable the old military guns would someday become.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by XBT View Post
    In 1963 I had just returned from a hitch in the navy when my dad received a letter from DCM authorizing him to pick up a 1903 from the local army depot. We drove out to the Tooele Army Depot and when my dad walked out of the warehouse he was carrying a 1903 A4 exactly like the one in the above picture. It had the bent bolt and Redfield base attached, only missing the scope. It was absolutely pristine; looking as if it had been in careful storage it’s entire life.

As he had earlier received another 1903 from the DCM, he gave the A4 to me. I had been hunting deer with a Krag and figured this was my chance to upgrade my hunting rifle. I re-barreled the A4 to 25-06, stocked it with a decent piece of walnut and added a Timney trigger and Redfield scope. I was awfully proud of that gun at the time, it was a good deer gun and as Remington had not yet produced the commercial version, the only 25-06 in the area.

I still have the gun, seldom used now, sitting in a safe among several other guns of the same class.

My dad paid $13.50 for the gun and yes, I do have some regrets about what I did to it. My only excuse is everyone was doing the same thing at the time and none of us understood how rare and valuable the old military guns would someday become.
    If you still have the original barrel and stock...convert it back.

Joe

Boolit Master
    Joe, my sentiments prexactly!

In Remebrance

Nice, way outta my league price wise, but I can drool can't I?

Boolit Buddy
    One way to tell these repro's from the real ones is that the stamping on the receiver ring on the 03A4 is sideways to the side of the scope mount, while the regular 03A3 stamping would run parallel to the ring and under the scope mount.

Boolit Master
    Starmetal,

Thanks for posting this. I have been looking for a set of Redfield Jr. 3/4" rings to complete my original 03-A4. I contacted Aim Surplus regarding the scope rings on these rifles, they refered me to Gibbs Rifles who is making the guns up. I asked Gibbs if the scope rings they are using were available separately as I need a set, they advised me they would be available in a few months. So again, thanks for the heads up, now I can complete my rifle.

XBT,

I too have made sporters out of those cheap, ugly, old military rifles. Who would have guessed they would be worth what they are today. Not to make you feel bad, a few months ago CMP auctioned off an 03-A4, the last time I looked the bid was $3750.00, they have gone up just a bit from when your dad bought yours.
    BIG OR SMALL I LIKE THEM ALL, 577 TO 22 HORNET.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207 View Post
    Nice, way outta my league price wise, but I can drool can't I?
    Bret, ditto...maybe we'll get lucky with the lotto huh? You play?

Joe

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by elk hunter View Post
    Starmetal,

Thanks for posting this. I have been looking for a set of Redfield Jr. 3/4" rings to complete my original 03-A4. I contacted Aim Surplus regarding the scope rings on these rifles, they refered me to Gibbs Rifles who is making the guns up. I asked Gibbs if the scope rings they are using were available separately as I need a set, they advised me they would be available in a few months. So again, thanks for the heads up, now I can complete my rifle.

XBT,

I too have made sporters out of those cheap, ugly, old military rifles. Who would have guessed they would be worth what they are today. Not to make you feel bad, a few months ago CMP auctioned off an 03-A4, the last time I looked the bid was $3750.00, they have gone up just a bit from when your dad bought yours.
    Well I'm sure glad that posting that helped someone, as I posted it for enjoy to see what they looked like new. You're very welcome.

Joe

Anyone got a link? I cant find the rifle on their site

Boolit Man
    There's a write up about them in the newest copy of Surplus Rifle I just picked up. They look pretty nice.
    Dan Dabson
    Dover, DE
    http://www.facebook.com/dabsonshooting

Stained Glass pieces made by my wife
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/connysstainedglass

Boolit Buddy

I checked out the link, and couldn't find it. Must be sold out.

Boolit Buddy
    Very nice. Little rich for my blood though.

I just checked the link, clicked on New Rifles and scrolled down about a third of the page and there it is.

My 03A4 suits me fine for now.

charlie

For about 30 seconds, I thought I could have one.
    Thanks
    Ivan

Number #513

Yeah I figured it out. It would not be ALASKA……... unless it was the absolutely the toughest it could be and worst possible case scenario!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ivantherussian03 View Post
    For about 30 seconds, I thought I could have one.
    What happened reality set in? Or did SWMBO explain, you really didn't need another gun?

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range 2010

1903a4

Gibbs rifle is Navy arms is Old Western Scrounger.
    WILDCATT