RepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 180gr 358 Lee group buy?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 357maximum
    Ok BOOLIT MEISTERS
    -snip-
    or the same boolit design with the crimp groove about .020 to .040 back to make the nose a tad longer, (have to do some measuring and thinkin first). -snip-
    The bullet as is barely seats short enough to function smoothly in a Marlin 1894C. Don't mess with success.

Banned
    Like I said above WHATEVER IT TAKES TO FILL THIS THING TO 25 MOLDS .

Gotta have me a heavy lead 6 banger, especially after shooting boolits from Jeffs mold. He offered to loan it to me, which was mighty kind of him (thank you), but I want my own, cause if something should happen I would feel like a great big turd. More than likely nothing would, but I have a knack for breakin things....Just lucky that way I guess.

Them boolits worked really good in my MGM 357 max, bipod wearing,hand held encore, almost a rifle, pistol. So maybe I shouldn't mess with success...

Plus to be quite honest I was utterly amazed at the uniformity of them boolits from a 6 cavity mold made by lee. This was my first experience with a lee 6 and I was highly impressed with the moulded fruits of Jeffs labor,

Super Moderator

................I'd take a 6 holer, conventional type (design shown), non TL.

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Man

count me in

I'll take a 6-holer on this one too. The johnch design looks real good. Should work in my .35 rem and my .357 blackhawk. I've been looking for a heavier design than the standard 158 grain to work in both applications. This one with the gas check ought to do it. I would have nothing against the 2 crimp groove design. That way would work well in both applications.

Boolit Man

one more thing

I forgot to mention, I like the .360 dia. option too. Can always size them down.

Banned
    I am starting a new thread to start taking orders for the original boolit designed by Glenn Larsen on 02/24/04, The name of the thread is

358-180-RF Reprisal STARTS NOW

Boolit Master at Heavens Range

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2
    The bullet as is barely seats short enough to function smoothly in a Marlin 1894C. Don't mess with success.
    Same with a Rossi M92. Another vote for "DMWS." This is a very good bullet for lever actions using Lil'Gun, if anybody's sitting on the fence.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123