Snyders JerkyRepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: Lee - great company

In Remembrance

Lee - great company

I sure am impressed with Lee Precision. I needed a part for my dies and they actually said they'd send it for FREE.
    Now, your mileage may vary....but these are really nice folks
    - and keep U.S. workers busy and getting paychecks.
    Now, y'all might like Lyman or RCBS or Dillon, etc. - that's OK, I do too.
    But Lee sure came through for me!
    thank you Lee Precision.
    Last edited by Rio Grande; 07-10-2009 at 07:23 PM.

Moderator Emeritus
    I'm glad that they came through for you.

Next time you are onto them ask if the same service can be extended to the rest of their shambles especially their custom mould department.

Overall as a company they seem to have no consistency, going from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Typically signs of a shaky company.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by dromia View Post
    I'm glad that they came through for you.

Next time you are onto them ask if the same service can be extended to the rest of their shambles especially their custom mould department.

Overall as a company they seem to have no consistency, going from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Typically signs of a shaky company.

Just reporting the facts of how they treated me. I've a mold of theirs that works great and their dies do well for me.
    And their prices are good.

Boolit Bub
    I agree with you that Lee is a fine company. I have had nothing but good luck with them. They even replaced a mold that I messed up at their expense. A great company to work with.

Boolit Master
    maybe you have to spend less than 50 bucks to get good service ??

we spent nearly $1500 on a custom mold run...and got crap twice.......

mike in co
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Boolit Master
    All my reloading equipment is Lee, never had a problem with any of it, it is simple to use, and it costs a fourth what everyone else's does. I am a big fan of Lee Precision.

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Master
    I'll add my 2 cents as well. Can't speak for anyone else....but I've always used only Lee equipment, except for a couple of items (powder scale, primer pocket cleaning tool). I bought Lee when I took up handloading (to keep the investment low) - and I've never had a problem - so, no need to change (especially given the prices of the other brands). I've never had a warranty claim with their stuff, either. I cannot say that I am a "fan" of Lee or any other brand as I don't buy into that sort of nonsense, but as long as their products continue to do the job, I'll stick with them.

Boolit Master

bcp477 is right. Their products are a good buy for the money. I have used all brands and find myself buying more and more Lee products. I formerly thought they had cheap looking equipment but now realize that this is one way of keeping the cost down and I have never had a failure that was the tools fault. A while back i bought a used Auto Prime that had obviously been used a bunch. after priming thousands of cases with it, it is still going strong. what a great tool.

Skeet1

Boolit Master
    Mostly great stuff, and innovative ideas. But if you buy enough of their stuff over time you will notice that their quality control varies a bit. I've bought great things that others had fits with and vice versa. Mostly all fixable, and Lee is always accomodating but you should get what you pay for right outta the box, no returns or do-overs.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have had mixed results from LEE. Notheing but outstanding service from RCBS and Dillon.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Beekeeper
    Mike in Co.,
    What mould did you get taken on?
    Let me know and if it is one I need I'll buy it from you.

beekeeper

North Central Montana; across the wide Missouri
    I have a mixture of equipment from CH to Herters to Green(2 shades) to gray to orange to red(2 shades) and blue from Dillon and old Pacific, some 60 and 70 years old, some was made this year and I find that Lee is as good as any and backs everything well. Have 11 Lee molds, some bought new, some used and they are just like every other Lee product; they work as designed. Every company has been of great and useful service, with out fail.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Guesser View Post
    I have a mixture of equipment from CH to Herters to Green(2 shades) to gray to orange to red(2 shades) and blue from Dillon and old Pacific, some 60 and 70 years old, some was made this year and I find that Lee is as good as any and backs everything well. Have 11 Lee molds, some bought new, some used and they are just like every other Lee product; they work as designed. Every company has been of great and useful service, with out fail.
    Yeah, me too, I got so many colors in the work room it looks like a kids playroom...hey wait , it is!
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar
    I've had great service from Lee and mixed results from Dillon. I prefer Lee for value vs. price, especially on the dies, "Classic" presses, their stock mold, the custom molds I've gotten, bottom pour pots and Pro Auto Disk powder measure. They make up a lot of my reloading/casting inventory.

Regards,

Dave

Beekeeper
    They make all of my reloading and casting gear.
    I have an RCBS jr press and a set of 30/06 rcbs dies from the 60's when I first started to reload.
    Everything else is Lee and it has performed well all of these years.

beekeeper

Boolit Bub
    Glad it worked out for you. I bought a Lee LOADMASTER and it had a warped ram (which the factory admitted) and probably frame, from improper heat treating. Long story short, it NEVER worked, returned 28 times in 24 months and was NEVER fixed, even had it returned to me with all broken parts intact and jammed same as sent. Finally after returning the *** to Lee 28 times in 24 months, I got a nice letter saying they would NOW fix it (finally) IF I sent ANOTHER 50% of retail after refusing to fix it the first 28 times I returned it. Needless to say, that never happened.

I've had junk Lee moulds right from the factory, and other stuff that was less than, shall we say, useable. Alot of it is the best bang for the buck, but alot of it is junk in my experience. Still have the LM to remind myself why quality is remembered long after price is forgotten. Junk bought cheap is still cheap junk.

Bought an used Dillon 550B and have not been happier. Great service, no hassles, no junk.

Banned

Heres my take on lee. they do have some good ideas and inovations but they apply them on cheap crap. I love there dies and use a bunch of them and love there priming tool. What they need to do is keep selling there inexpensive stuff as some people cant afford anything else and some people arent into this hobby as heavily as some of us. They need to come out with a line of real quality gear for the people that want top shelf equiptment. Theres no reason why they couldnt take something like there loadmaster and change the priming system and replace some of the plastic parts and make a decent press out of it. Maybe to design a GOOD press that would give the dillon square deal a run for there money as there pro 1000 is about a joke. Then give us an high end mold made from steal!! they could keep there 6 cavity alum. molds as there a good bang for the buck but get rid of those cheap 2 cavity throw away molds. Lee is a decent company and there customer service is pretty good. Thankfully because a guy tends to use it alot. I think that if they brought out a good high end line and broke the cheap stigma that is attached to there products they could rule the industry.

My opinion on Lee. I never had a problem with Lee products until this year. I have been buying some lee products since the early 90's. It seems like 50% of the Lee stuff I buy now is excessively flawed in some way. Out of that 50%, 20% of it is not usable. I think Obama had something to do with it. Last week I sent 2 molds and 2 dies back to Lee for repair or exchange. I hope I get something back.