RepackboxRotoMetals2Load DataWideners
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What was your first gun?

mine was a wards single shot bolt action 22. my grand dad got when he got married. he gave it to my dad for his 10th bday. my dad gave it to me for my 10th. and I gave it to my son for his 10th. I sure hope it keeps going like this for many more generations. only God himself knows how many thousands of rounds have been through that old rifle. but it killed every squriell I ever aimed at. and will still let my boy choose the which eye he wants to put the bullets in.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter6br View Post
    Got a Remington 22 LR with Green Stamps when I was 12 53 now.No FFL No dealer .Thur the Green Stamp catalog. Still have it A differant America then
    S & H Green stamps...now that brings back memories from way back!
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

My first Rifle was a Remington Nylon 66 purchased in 1972. I stupidly sold it a couple of years later due to financial needs. Just this past year I decided to replace it and found a super sweet/clean estate gun on Gunbroker. Life's good!

My first Handgun, Berreta (.25 ACP) Okay, so I wasn't real smart on that one, but I had a 'pistol' of some sort's anyway. It was a few years down the road before my 'addiction' became much heavier...as in .44's/.45's/.357's...etc.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master

My first shotgun, first firearm actually, was an High Standard semi 12 guage.
    I loved that shotgun! I took it hunting, skeet shooting. Got married early, SHE talked me into turning swords into plowshares.
    I made a choice, her or the shotgun.
    I made the wrong choice. She cleaned my clock into my furthest future.
    I had a feeling, but listened to the wrong head.

Marlin 22 LR Model 99A Carbine.

Bought it new when I was a Junior in HS for $65 in the early 70's. I still have it, its in very good condition. I've only sold 4 guns in my life.
    Sprue ™

Smile first gun

My first gun was and still is a Mossberg model 42b and I received it with the aproval of my mom (now deceaced ) in 1984 from her brother and it holds a special place for me and the gopher feild , it's nothing special to most wearing nothing more than a weaver tip off mount and a 4x scope , but to me it is a long range gopher geter ! and to anyone that treuely remembers geting that first real rifle it' s a memory that will last forever. Plus it shoots lead Boolits!!!

Boolit Master

My first was a Browning .22 autoloader given to me by my grandfather when I was about 10 years old, for helping harvest corn one summer
    Cast Boolits, Where lead balloons go over....

Boolit Grand Master

Mine was a .22 Marlin 39A. I bought it used from my brother-in-law and it was well used at the time. I later traded it in on my first shotgun. A Savage Fox double barrel 20 ga. with silver triggers. Wish I still had those.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Buddy
    62A Winchester STILL HAVE HER 41 YEARS LATER!

In the late 50s or early 60s my dad gave me my first gun. It was a Remington 581, a bolt action repeater with a tube magazine. I loved that thing because of what it was and because of who gave it to me. Sadly, it was stolen during the 70s. Just recently I found a Remington 512 Sportsmaster as a replacement. It's a little older than my original, but very similar.
    "A society that values equality above liberty will have neither. A society that values liberty above equality will have plenty of both " - Milton Friedman

Boolit Master

a 22 single shot with the J.C. Higgings brand....the model that required you to pull back on the bolt/spring to cock it......I still have it and still shoot it....it sure did account for alot of squirrel and cottontail rabbits down along the American River.

Boolit Master
    Sears & Roebuck Mod 42. Bolt action S,L,LR .22 in 1963.
    Original 4X "pencil" scope replaced a few years ago with a 3x9x40mm. to give these old eyes an assist. Sits on 3x most of the time.
    I still have it, picked up the same model in .22Mag just a couple years ago. Stock, etc. looks identical. Only a slightly longer magazine to really tell the difference.
    Like the rest of you, thousands of rounds down the tube, it still shoots better than shaky old me can hold it.................
    Been paddlin' upstream all my life, don't see no reason to turn around now.

Boolit Mold
    My first was a Win. Model 67, grooved stock (made in 1933) given to me by my mother when I was about 8. My second was a Win Model 60 with a cherry stock that belonged to my great-grandfather. I still have both, and you would not believe the hogs, beeves and wildlife both of them have dispatched.
    NRA MEMBER - WVCDL MEMBER #4 - I like jeeps and guns

First Ones

In 1952 when I was eleven my cousin gave me three firearms.
    One was a Martini 22 LR, another Remington 513S and a Red Letter Winchester 12 Gauge with the early pigtail thumb release.
    Martini was 'sold' to a 'friend', who never paid for it, so his daughter could join in some competitive shooting. Remington was taken apart for re bluing, never to be reassembled. Winchester went to a fellow to supply his family with meat. In other words converted to still board shooting at turkey shoots. Was worth its weight in gold to him.
    Would very much enjoy each of them again, but each served a purpose and life goes on.
    Rather enjoyable nastalgic thread down memory lane here.
    Thanks, I think I needed this!

Mine was a .410 Iver Johnson in 1953. I was 7. I still have it with a shortened butt and it still serves young shooters.

Boolit Master
    Ruger Blackhawk .357 when I was 8 yrs old. Mom was a cop and I got it from the chief of her department. I still have it 50 years later.
    ph4570

Boolit Master

My first firearm was a mossberg 340b that my dad bought me. Traded it a long time ago and now dad is gone wished I still had it. As it would be almost 50 years old now
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master
    Mine was an Ithaca single shot lever action 22. Shot the heck out of it and dont remember what happened to it. Still have my first handgun though a Ruger Mark I 22.

Boolit Master
    Ithaca mod 49 oh the meanness errr I mean memories that brings back!

Marlin 22 bolt action. A man killed his wife with it and my Grandfather, who was his lawyer, took the rifle as part of his fee. It sat in the back of a closet for as long as I can remember and when I got old enough to shoot (about 6) it went to my closet and was mine.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast