Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What was your first gun?

Boolit Man
    A F/N .22 single shot, followed by a Stirling m20 semi auto.
    RJ

Cast Hunter

First gun was a Winchester model 270 pump .22 lr rifle. That was a Christmas gift around 1976. A couple years later I bought my first high powered rifle. It was a Rem M788 .308 I got brand new on sale for $145.50. Still have both although they are now enjoying semi-retirement.
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Boolit Master

My first = Daisy Red Rider BB gun
    My second= Benjamin 17 cal pellet pistol { why I love handguns}
    My first real gun=Stevens 22rf SS

Dale

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    For many years whilst at school my Mom wasn't real keen on me getting guns, so I hunted with a friend and I shared his BSA Meteor air rifle with him. His dad was a nice old guy and was a Judge on the State Industrial Court. They ended up buying another Meteor, which they gave to my friend and passed the old one on to his younger brother. I always thought this strange, because the younger brother had absolutely no interest in firearms or hunting. Then my friend got a 22 Semi Auto Sportco with a tube magazine. A year or so later, the Judge bought another 22, passed the older one down to the younger brother who didn't use it, but I did. My friend and I hunted every morning and afternoon and wagged high school to hunt using the air rfiles and 22s. It was only when I turned 40 odd did the penny drop, the second guns were bought so that I would have a gun to shoot with. I thought the old Judge was a pretty cool old guy who was a reconnaisance pilot in New Guinea in WW2 and had three planes shot from underneath him, but i realise he really was a good ol boy.

he started me on the path to ruin, I went on to buy a 22 bolt action Winchester with a clip magazine ( I ordered a semi auto with a tube, but thats what turned up when I opened the box after paying the lay by off over two years, I was not impressed) I have been buying guns ever since.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Master on Heaven's Range
    Mossberg 500 12 ga. Dont remember what K Mart charged but I dont think it was much (1971). Still have it!
    "HMMMM.........It wasn't spos'ta do THAT!"

M95 straight yanker in the original 8x50r chambering. Sporterized.
    Traded for labor from a good friend when I was 14 or 15. What an awesome rifle. 5 shot stripper clip fed(shoot 5 and the clip falls out the bottom ready for more).
    Straight bolt. 8mm with plenty of power. Awesome little rifle. Shot my first russian boar with it. Just don't try and find ammo. I think 20 rounds cost me 85 bucks from scrounger back when I got it.

It's in the closet waiting for the kids.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master

Rem 514 with Green Stamps!!!!

Got a Remington 22 LR with Green Stamps when I was 12 53 now.No FFL No dealer .Thur the Green Stamp catalog. Still have it A differant America then

Boolit Master
    Red Rider B-B gun, first firearm was a M20 J.C. Higgins 12ga with vented rib, poly choke pump. It was a christmas present in 1955. It now resides with my Grandson.

Boolit Master

Daisy BB gun. Terror of the frogs in Michigan. Ah, to be 5 and in the woods again!
    "The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave."
    James Burgh, Political Disquisitions, 1774

Boolit Master
    Mine was a Mossberg .22 bolt action my Dad gave me when I was 9. I gave it to my oldest son when he was about 9 and I hope it gets passed to his son when the time comes.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 462 View Post
    S&W Model 28 Highway Patrolman.

Dframe,
    Granddaughters can shoot, and deserve to be given guns, too.
    I completely agree. I have one grandaughter now who I would gladly give it to, if it wern't for her mother, who is an empassioned obamanista. Sometimes kids go wrong.
    "Investment" is the new "Throw money at it!"

Detectives, and Cobras, and Agents!
    Oh my!

My first firearm was a brand new Ruger 10/22.

Moderator Emeritus

My first gun was a Win. model 67A .22 which was given to me by my parents for my 6th birthday. It is bolt action with a knurled bolt which has to be pulled to the rear to cock it. When I first got the gun Dad had to cock it for me, it was several years before I was strong enough to do so myself. I still have that super accurate lil single shot, it will be passed down in the family when I am gone. It has already trained more kids than I can count.

The first gun I ever purchased for myself was a Win. mod. 92 32-20. An uncle called one day out of the blue and said "I have a rifle I think you should have". This one will also be passed along in the family.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    My first purchase was the Ruger single six with the maggie cylinder included. My first gun was my mom's, a 20 gage double LC Smith, and also that Christmas a trapdoor 45-70, 1886, the year of my gradfather's birth. ... felix
    felix

Boolit Grand Master
    My first firearm was a J.C. Higgins bolt-action .410 single-shot shotgun, received from my Dad at age 7. I started hunting with it at age 10, and it accounted for many doves and cottontails. Mom still has it at her house.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    A single shot Hamilton breakopen .22 that my grandfather and great uncle bought together as young boys to hunt rabbits with.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 45 2.1 View Post
    A single shot Hamilton breakopen .22 that my grandfather and great uncle bought together as young boys to hunt rabbits with.
    You told me it was a rubber band rifle with 5 grains of 4227.

Joe

Boolit Buddy
    My father bought me a worn out Remington bolt single shot when I was nine. It came with a custom, hand carved pine 2x4 stock painted dark brown and a non working ejector. I can not imagine how many bricks of shorts I put through it till I graduated up to his Winchester 73. My daughter will get the 73 when I'm done with it.
    SWIAFB

Boolit Master

In 1965 I purchased a Model 91 Mosin for $7.00. This was also the first gun I loaded for.

Skeet1

Boolit Buddy
    First gun I bought and paid for was a Marlin 22 auto from K-Mart. Cost 39.00 plus tax. A brick of Federal Lightnings set me back 4.95.

First gun to put me on the path of reloading and casting ruin was a Ruger Security Six.

skt

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast