RotoMetals2RepackboxWidenersLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Lee Precision
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: What was your first gun?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter6br View Post
    My was a Rem 514 22 RF Dad got with Green stamps at my age of 12 . I am 52 now. Still shoot it
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will work for those who didnt

Boolit Master

My 1st gun was a Daisy BB gun, I use to pull the barrel out and stuff in a "smoke bomb" mushroom down into the "barrel" (actually the bb resivoir) and pretent I had a blackpowder shotgun!

1st Firearm was a Remington 514 youth or boys model, I got so most anything that moved, and I wanted it dead, it was, my Momma would feed the grossbeaks out back in the winter, and I would shoot them as they flew in or were leaving . . .(the feeder was on the window sill of the dining room) got quite good at shooting on the fly . . . that training helped later on when the rats found our chicken coop!

1st Handgun was a RG Rohm "High Noon" SA 22LR/22Mag convertable, still have it, I had to talk my brother into buying it for me, as my Father was against me having a handgun, and I was only 20 at the time!! 1st "Brand New" gun I ever Bought.

1st Centerfire revolver was a S&W 19 .357 Mag!

1st Centerfire rifle was a Enfield in 303 British

1st Shotgun was a Hopkin & Allen 16 gauge single shot

1st Pistol was a Glock Model 19 9mm, bought new

1st Black powder was a 1858 Remington Replica from Gander Mt .44 w/brass frame, bought new & still have!
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Winchester 94 30-30 somewhere about 1970. Dad paid $50 for it.
    Shot my first deer, antelope, fox and bobcat with it. (can't remember what I shot my first coyote with).
    Haven't hunted much else, so I may get to shoot a few more firsts with it someday.

my old man bought me a stevens single shot .22 for my 4th birthday.
    the stock and barrel were both cut down to fit mt small frame.
    it is still in my safe, 31 years later
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Man
    Marlin Model 60. Cheap accurate and reliable.

Boolit Buddy
    Mine was a Marlin 56 "Levermatic" Dad got me in 1958 when i was 14 yrs old. Still have it.
    John D

NRA Endowment Member

Boolit Buddy
    .303 S.M.L.E.

On the land, air or sea......bless them all......with a three oh three.

Well, I was in 7th grade and that thing sure did bless my shoulder. Fifty years later it still hurts sometimes.

Boolit Grand Master

Model 64 Winchester 30/30. Dad bought it for $30.00.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

SPRINGFIELD 22 Hornet/410. I sold it for $100 and then about six monthes later they jumped up too about $400.
    Then my dad gave me a Savage Model 24 20/22RF.
    Then a guy we know gave me a Marlin 336 Pre T&T for free, then I bought a Marlin 336 in 30/30, and not I have owned over 50 guns and am still swaping and buying and selling.

stephen perry

First Gun

My first dream guns were in the Sears catalogue. I started looking at the Sears guns probably back in 1962 when I was 12 the same year I started casting for my dad.

I got my first real gun in 1963. I still have it. It was a Sears semi auto 22. My first cf was and still is my Rem .222 model 722. I made and loaded cast in it 5 years before I loaded jacket in same gun.

My first handgun was a .22 cal H&R 999 I found in the desert. Has a slip in the cylinder advance srill have it.

My first shotgun I bought when I was 18 was a Mossberg shotgun traded it for a Win Model 12.

Stephen Perry
    Angeles BR
    Last edited by stephen perry; 10-29-2009 at 08:27 AM.

My first was a hand-me-down single shot 20ga. The first one I got NEW was a copy of an old Winchester pump .22 Interestingly, both of these were made by Rossi. First handgun was an Interarms Virginian Dragoon in .357mag when I was 21. Traded it later (in a moment of insanity) for a S&W model 19 which I traded a few months later for a DW (with 2 barrels). First rifle was a Savage model 99 in .308 that shot like a drunken bum. Got rid of it and picked up my current deer/elk rifle, a Rem 7600 in '06.

Love the DW and the 7600. Have also picked up a Browning BPS 12ga, an Ithaca m37 in 20ga., and a few others.

Boolit Buddy
    Mine was a Winchester .22 single shot, model unknown. I was in my early teens and traded a set of WWII headphones for it. The stock was broken in several pieces which I glued back together, inletted an Indian head penny on the right side and gave it a coat of very ugly varnish. The chamber had an erosion ring so bad from shooting so many .22 shorts that I had to pry the empties out with a knife blade. But it still shot well enough to satisfy me. I cannot remember how it finally left my possession, but it started me on a lifetime love of firearms.

Trifocals
    NRA life member

"Never give in except to convictions of honor and good."
    Winston Churchill

Smile

An Ithaca Model 49 Saddlegun .22. Still have it.
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Boolit Buddy
    th efirst gun that was truly mine and not a borrowed from the family gun rack was a parker s/s with matched set of barrels 12/16/28 thats the barrel gauges not the date i got them the way i came about having this gun was the man that owned the land that joined my grand parents land would not let any one hunt on it because he was afraid some one would accidently shoot one of his cows /// he did have some nice fishing ponds on the back side where my gp's land joined his and you know the fishing is allways better across the fence // well he caught me one day told me he had been aware of my excursions for a while and that it was ok // well i got to know him as time went by and he allowed me to hunt on his place as loong as i was care for the live stock// this went on for about 4 or 5 years and during this time i would llways make sure that i went by and talked with him and help with any farm chores he had that needed to be done /// he lived alone and had no children we got to know each other pertty good /// well one day i stopped in to se him i was 16 at the time we were sitting at the table having coffee and he told me he had something he wanted me to have before he passed away he went into his bedroom and came back out with what looked like a long flat leather case when he put it on the table and opened it you can imagine how a boy of 16 felt when he saw a double barrel shotgun with 3 sets of barrels to go with it // i had no idea what a parker was then // this is something i still have but luckly i have a son to pass this down to/// saddess part of this is the old man passed away a couple months after he gave the parker to me
    mule

Smile

WOW!!!

That's a real treasure, more for the friendship it represents than for what it is.
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

My first gun was a single shot 410 shotgun. My first rifle was a Marlin .22 . My first pistol was a S&W model 19, and my first centerfire rifle was a Winchester 94. Not fancy, exotic or even collectible but I'll wager there are thousands of other guys that had the same four firsts I did.

Boolit Bub
    First gun was a Ruger 1022 from Mom and Dad for Christmas Still have it.
    First pistol was a HiPoint C 9mm compact this started the trading bug with no cure in sight!
    First shotgun was a Remington 870 Express 12 gauge also long gone
    First revolver was an Astra 357 Magnum Great shooter and the first regret in trading.
    First centerfire rifle a No. 4 Long Branch Arsenal Lee Enfield 303 used to get the Astra

Ahhh the memories!

Boolit Master

Automatic Single-Shot

My first was a Winchester model 55 Automatic Shingle-Shot. Yep.. that's right... an automatic single shot. Looked like a Win model 100. Top loading via a loading gate, bottom ejection (right down your cuff!). Fired from an openbolt. Cock the bolt, load a round, which put the tang safety on, take the safety off, fire the round and the recoil re-cocked the bolt. Then start all over again by loading another round. Got it in 1958 and still have it and the little red Winchester hang tag. I believe it was only made a few years.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Blasted hellish frozen northern wastelands, AKA Minnesota
    A Herter's roll marked (but made by BSA) .177 pellet gun my dad arranged for me to buy from the daughter of the guy who ran our school's rifle club. I was 12, still have it and it still shoots.

Next was a Ruger 10/22. I washed a LOT of dishes at a local restaurant for that rifle! Still got that one too-
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789