RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackbox
Inline FabricationWidenersReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: 266305

In Remebrance

So I'm out in the garage, looking for an extra HP spud I thought I had for a 311291HP I just got thats missing the spud. Well, I didn't find the spud, but I did find a 266305 SC I forgot I even had. Yes, yes, I know it's a sure sign of either not enough time casting or old timers disease. Anyhoo, I got looking at this mould and thinking about casting a couple hundred up. Does anyone have any info on this mould? It's a 2 diameter bore rider semi spire point GC type weighing around 100 grains. I assume I got it off Ebay with intentions of using it in the 6.5x55. At 100 grains it should be a good match for the fast twist and may even do well over the 1750 fps barrier in the M38 Karlina type Swedish brat.

BTW- A #20 drill bit shank fits the 311291HP spud cavity like a glove. And to think Lyman almost got my $30.00 to make me a new one! HAR!

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Bret-
    I've been looking for that mold for the last 23 years. You want to sell it or an extended loan to cast a large supply from? You're right, it should be good in the 6.5mm IF it casts large enough.

HONCHO EMERITUS

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 45 2.1
    Bret-
    I've been looking for that mold for the last 23 years. You want to sell it or an extended loan to cast a large supply from? You're right, it should be good in the 6.5mm IF it casts large enough.
    ........Or maybe Bret would be willing to provide a few samples to our Resident Design Expert for examination and or design improvement that might result in a Group Buy?

After all, I don't have a "M38 Swedish type Karlina Brat" in the gunsafe yet. Might just give me a reason to look for one!
    Last edited by Dutch4122; 03-20-2006 at 03:28 PM.
    -Matt
    Group Buys Honcho'd: C326-175-FN, 434-210-RF, C434-210-RF, 30-165-SIL-MOD, 358156-PB, 413-170-Keith, C348-225-FN, 8mm SIL, 45-230-CM, 45-270-Ohaus/SWC, Edd's 28-170-FN

In Remebrance

Well fellers, what I'll try to do is cast up a couple hunnert fer the ol'Bretster and send some samples to whoever needs them. I'll then forward the mould to 45 2.1 for an intense casting session. After all, a 23 year search deserves some sort of closure. We've lent moulds before and maybe 45 2.1 has something I'm looking for that I can borrow. Give me a while to set this up as I'm up to my armpits in alligators here.

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpr. Bret
    Well fellers, what I'll try to do is cast up a couple hunnert fer the ol'Bretster and send some samples to whoever needs them. I'll then forward the mould to 45 2.1 for an intense casting session. After all, a 23 year search deserves some sort of closure. We've lent moulds before and maybe 45 2.1 has something I'm looking for that I can borrow. Give me a while to set this up as I'm up to my armpits in alligators here.
    Thanks Bret, PM me when your ready.

Super Moderator

..............Tpr. Brett, "I'm up to my armpits in alligators here". I thought you lived up in NY state someplace? Or did they tie a pork chop around your neck and send you back down to Louisianna for further animal control stuff 8)?

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Moderator Emeritus

Rick, I'm sure you heard all the tales of Alligators flushed down the NYC sewers. Must be some of them went north. Gianni.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

In Remebrance

All right you wise guys. I'll be more accurate. I'm up to my armpits in projects SWMBO obeyed has lined up inside the house (Carpetman isn't the only soul remodeling) plus the last 2 windstorms we had stripped a goodly number of shingles off the house and barn. Looks like a roofing job real soon. Plus there's all the regular farm stuff, wood for next winter, a whole mess of farm implement repair for springs works and..... you get the idea. Oh yeah- I forgot, I got that JOB too.

Cast Hunter

So what dia bullet does this mould drop?
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Super Moderator

.....................Oops Bret, you been caught!

................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

In Remebrance

I saw the mould just the other day when I was trying to pickup the mess my collapsing shelves left of my moulds. Have I cast up a few hundred yet? No. Have I cast any? NO!!!!

I am, however, becoming rather good at finish carpentry work and molding.

Moderator Emeritus

This is so like Bret
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Buddy
    Hey! It's not like none of us has been there! The SWMBO statement grabbed me and the "Farm stuff" sealed the deal... He's off the hook until next November....

Moderator Emeritus

Longer than November, RIP Bret.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze