MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LR primer adapter for 50 bmg?

Boolit Master

Linstrum,

That was by no means complete. This was the only stuff that I could organize kwikly. I have things like how much of what cats give various burn rates, grain sizes calcs, processes, burn rate test equipment, software, etc.

As far as clean burning, as the above shows, it is as clean as WC860.

I'll post more of it as I can. Either as data or as links. I a few weeks I'll be back testing it. Than I'll be testing velocity & pressure. Trying for something in the 4895 range at 1st.

Boolit Mold

Needs a booster charge

Quote Originally Posted by dpaqu View Post
    Any thoughts? Would it have enough spark for 220 grains of powder?

When I saw this it got me thinking.

My guess is if it worked someone would have turned out 50bmg brass with LR primers.
    This looks like it is from [URL="https://www.africahunting.com/threads/700ne-double-rifle-i-need-help-finding-ammo-or-components.25362"] or the referenced site. They are 700 Nitro Express cases made from 50 BMG. The article states that ignition was erratic until a booster was used. Although almost as much powder as the 50 BMG was used, it was a slightly faster powder. It could be done, possibly with some black powder mixed in(black powder is still used as a booster in large stuff--I don't know if FFFFg as a coating would work) or a fuze (used in a lot of artillery-think inserting a rimmed case with black or other powder in the base of the 50). It would be fun to experiment with, but hard to know where to start safely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12