RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWidenersRepackbox
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Want some Linotype?

Boolit Master

Want some Linotype?

http://www.rotometals.com/product-p/...lloypallet.htm

How about 1000 pounds at Rotometals.

Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Nice picture but there is a guy over in swapping and selling with a friend that owned a print shop. Dumping a few thousand pounds of linotype on the market at $1.75 a lb. Dang right when I had some 12 lb. SFRB's that I wanted to sell for $2 a lb.

If the $100 price for a 50# box w/shipping works for you that is a good deal. If you just want a few lbs. to try out mine gets you some for less money. IF on the other hand you just want to roll naked on a whole pallet of nice clean fresh linotype (and have a couple of grand to drop on that fantasy) the Rotometals deal seems like the way to go.

Note to self buy lotto ticket, can always heat the garage first so the pallet of lino is not too cold.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    Actually it came out to $2.00/lb shipped, same as this (if you can ship it to a business address or pick it up at a freight hub). This is a very reasonable price for those who have $2000 to store up in ingot form.

Boolit Master

I post this thread so people could ponder a bit and drool even more. It's the modern version of the 2 hour wish and want book.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I think I actually would roll around on it.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 62chevy View Post
    I post this thread so people could ponder a bit and drool even more. It's the modern version of the 2 hour wish and want book.

Yeah, you did, and I got it right off. Some didn't. There's humor on this site, somewhere. I keep lookin'.

Just as an exercise in futility, I went down the 'Add to cart & calculate shipping' route......
    $4739.00 for shipping!!

I had better start looking a bit closer to home I think.

Quote Originally Posted by scottfire1957 View Post
    Yeah, you did, and I got it right off. Some didn't. There's humor on this site, somewhere. I keep lookin'.
    I don't think anyone took the OP too seriously, I know I didn't. Really when you think about it $2,000 for prime alloy while not in everyone's budget there are certainly people here that spend that much on firearms so why not?

About that $4,739 for shipping where is Rotometals located? I might go fetch it for you for only $3,500 or so, yep I'm just that nice. Hmmm if you pay me $2000 of that in advance maybe I pick up two pallets eh?
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Boolit Mold
    Actually freight is included to a business address. It would ship free. Just needs a dock to unload.

sailsguy

Boolit Master
    Foundry alloy is a known composition metal. Loose type will have lots of dross (ink etc.) that must be removed..all part of the fun!

You guys who live in more densly populated areas might want to consider a group buy and go in on a pallet, if you need to cast large quantities of hard rifle bullets...Just "thinkin' out loud"...).

Quote Originally Posted by [B
    About that $4,739 for shipping where is Rotometals located?[/B] I might go fetch it for you for only $3,500 or so, yep I'm just that nice. Hmmm if you pay me $2000 of that in advance maybe I pick up two pallets eh?
    A loooong way from me! Can you arrange the free shipping as well

Boolit Master
    If I'm not mistaken, free shipping to business address usually implies free shipping to a freight hub as well, so you'd go pick it up at the nearest freight hub (10 minute drive for me).

Boolit Master

Dang, wish I had $2k to spare, or at least some like minded friends around to split some up.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    Strange I was just looking at rotometals at this very thing thinking if in deed you can get it shipped for free to a busness it would be great to order a pallet or 2 if people were close enough to go together and order some.they do have a loading dock where I work.then the problem would be getting it home.then if anyone here would be close enough to make it worth comeing to get some of it.just got m thinking
    Bob

Boolit Master

Rotometals is in San Leandro, in California, about an hour away from me. Never been there nor ordered from them, yet.

If one started a thread for a specific area/region group buy I think you could do customer pick up at a freight hub. Take a pretty heavy pickup truck. Probably a utility trailer would work better 2k lbs. is well within towing capacity of many vehicles and possibly the freight hub could put it on with a forklift. Otherwise you need a couple of people (3 would be better) to hump it into the trailer.

Then the purchasers would have to come to the house of the person that picked it up to get their share or work out some compensation for shipping it from there. There is also the potential matter of how to compensate the people that went and picked it up. Gas & humping lead ingots has to be worth something.

I'm not up for it but I could see it would not take very many people, maybe 4 to 8 to make a go of this. Thing is at 1/8 share you might be better off buying a couple of 50# boxes from the guy selling "used" linotype at $1.75. Now at only 4 people who just wanted to make sure they had a really nice 250# stash of really nice linotype and they lived reasonably close to each other and had a loading dock nearby.....

Boolit Master
    200gn boolits you get about 35 per pound.

250# of lino would yield 8750 of them. At $250 that's about 3 cents each.

That's a lotta shootin not counting the added tin you'd want to get the percentages of Sn/Sb to be pretty even--you'd need some lead too but it'd be a great way to stock up--the free shipping makes it way tempting.

Boolit Buddy
    I have the two thousand but am still East the big duck pond. Rotometals has a sale until the midnight of the 24th for ten percent off. That brings the price down to $1,799.10 shipped. Dang. Why am I in the wrong place at the right time