Inline FabricationWidenersReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: Primers at the gun show!

Boolit Grand Master

Primers at the gun show!

Was at a local show and wonder of wonders, they had WWLR primers there. Price was down from what I have seen @$39/1000. Alot cheaper than I have heard around Denver at $90/1000. Not too many other primers there, but was suprised at the LR primers.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Still kind of high, but neverless good news. Hopefully we will start seeing more primers at decent prices available soon.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Buddy
    if you want primers around my area 40$ a thousand is about right. But that is from local mom and pop shops at sportsmans you can still get them at 32 ish if you can find them. but the good news i'm seeing more of them.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

I am out of town, enjoy your holidays.

I've been on a waiting list at our local Sportsman's Warehouse for three months.

They called yesterday and I was able to pick up 1k LR and 1k SP CCI primers. This was the first shipment to arrive in any store in my area that I'm aware of for the last several months. I also bought a bunch of Unique and 2400 powder that had just arrived too. That will help get me through for a month or so.

I don't know if it was a fluke or not but both types of primers were just $24.95 at the checkout. I could use a lot more of everything and hopefully this trend will continue for everyone...
    "Hindsight is always so much more accurate than foresight, but well considered foresight so much more valuable." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Banned

Lordy- hard to believe the last Winchester primers I bought were $6.50 per thou...

Boolit Master
    Our Gun Club just got in a batch of WLR's and they are selling for 26.95. Thats about a 2.00 more than a year ago. Looks like things are starting to get a little better.

G

Boolit Mold
    we have had primers for a couple wks now on store shelves in my area here in central Mo.powder has been good also .Cant say the same for 22ammo and the prices of it.

Boolit Master

Primers becoming more common locally!

Hi Y'all,

I've been on a casting and loading hiatus due to my work load and other things, but I've hit the gun shows and shops.
    For the first time in several months, Unique has appeared, and lots of other powders are plentiful.
    Primers are getting more common and reasonable. One shop had none, then boxes of Federal LP's for $54.99, then $50.99... I walked in one day, and he had a whole case at that price. No sale here, still way too high for my tastes.
    At the gun shows, I'm seeing the gamut: One guy trying to sell primers at $60/M. All he got was crap from people for trying to scalp them!
    Another guy glumly sat there for two days trying to peddle Winchestr LP primers for $40/M...
    It's slowly getting better....
    Hopefully, by the time the dust settles this Fall and I can start casting and loading again, I'll have the money to lay away a good supply of primers at an equally good price.

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

Boolit Master

Here in Northeast Missouri things seem to be returning to something close to normal as far a powder is concerned. Primers are coming into stores but some fools are still trying to buy every one primer they can, I hope they have to eat them.
    Ed Barrett
    AKA; elbStJoeMO
    If vegans love animal so much, why do they eat all their food?

Boolit Grand Master

Made a run to the gun stores yesterday. No rifle or pistol primers in Omaha. Hope that the loosening up in other areas hits here soon. Also hope the horders and speculators get their comeupins in time.
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Boolit Buddy
    I ordered 5K CCI large pistol primers from Natchez on Friday. An email this morning said they're on there way! $23/100 but add on $13 shipping and $22.5 Hazmat and it comes-out to ~$30/1000

I can start shooting 45 ACP at our monthly pistol matches again!

This is about a 6-8 mo supply for me. Hopefully the shortage will be a bad memory by then.

Boolit Buddy

Having not bought any primers for the past couple / three years, could somebody tell why the big "shortage" and exorbitant cost of these things, and how long has this been going on???????

Guess I need to get out more.

Russ...
    When it comes to Muzzle Loaders, Black Powder Matters.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Obama and Hoarders!!!!
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam