Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee Precision
RepackboxRotoMetals2WidenersReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: I wish somebody made.....................

I wish someone would make a 7/8oz shotgun slug mold...that was accurate, and on par with the Lyman 525-grain sabot slug.

The Forster and Lee Key slugs are OK...but can be hit or miss.

Being a multigunner, a low-recoil, accurate slug, would be great.

In Christ: Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by wallenba View Post
    I wish the press manufacturers would include a bolt boss in the casting base that an adjustable stanchon could be bolted to, that reached the floor to transfer the downward force to the floor instead of fatiguing the edge of the workbench.

GREAT idea!
    That could be done using a plate under the press with a leg going down to the floor.
    Getting it around the ram will have to be worked out.
    I NEED to make one of these myself. My top is pretty stout so far but I have to clamp my table to the wall to keep it from wobbling.

An ambi or reversible master caster.

Boolit Buddy
    An automation kit for the Mark-X

I wish someone could make a brass magnet

Quote Originally Posted by Gtrubicon View Post
    I wish someone could make a brass magnet
    Here ya go!

Be careful what you wish for!

Boolit Mold
    I wish photobucket would cease to suck.

Boolit Master

Back 38yrs ago when I bought my 1st house, I bought a work bench kit 30" X 60" from a now long defunct Hardward/lumberyard chain. The top was made of 2" X 6" pine boards. I knew that edge wouldn't hold up to neck-sizing a .22Hornet. So I bought a 4' X 8' sheet of 1/4" MASONITE. Had the Lumberyard cut/rip to give me 2 sheets 30" X 60" to match the press top. Then I GLUED/SCREWED(1 3/4 woodscrews) to the top of that bench. I've had a ROCKCHUCKER mounted on one end for 38yrs. Had a HORNADY progressive on the other for 25yrs. Anything else goes on the other bench with double 3/4" plywood top GLUED/SCREWED with MASONITE sandwiched in between & on the bottom.
    Use "T-NUTS" to fasten anything I need to that one. Shotgun presses, Lube-Sizers.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master

Real working PTX parts for the Hornady LnL AP.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

If you open the front end of standard full metal jacket bullet as you described, there is danger of blowing the core out of jacket, leaving the jacket stuck in your barrel. Next shot would be not very pleasant experience. Can't recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwback View Post
    I would like to have a rifle die set up like a case trimming die but longer, set up so that you could insert a loaded round and and adjust the die to change a pointed bullet to flat with a file. This way better hunting profiles could be created and bullets could also be made more appropriate for lever actions.
    If you open the front end of standard FMJ bullet with jacket already open at bottom, as you described, there is danger of blowing the core out of jacket, leaving the jacket stuck in your barrel. The next shot would be not very pleasant experience. Can't recommend.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Filing the nose down some on Spitzer full jacketed bullet would be OK though; Just not an open base one.

Once I move I'll have a 3d printer going, and get the laser engraver / cutter back, I have a few projects in mind for those (Got both free, I was willed the 3d printer from a good friend - Though I'd FAR rather still have the friend around! And the cutter off CraigsList. I'll have to put the cutter out in the garage with a fume hood or something. At least I know how to DIY a fume hood.)

I wish somebody made a machine that would organize my loading supplies and fetch what I want for me - A Cherry 2000 would do I s'pose :P

Boolit Master
    I would LOVE a S&W airweight J-Frame, 6 shot chambered in .327 Fed Mag. I know the LCR exists like that but im a J-Frame guy.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Go to your favorite outdoor store and get the biggest fishnet, for landing a fish, they have. The mesh may be too big, but if you remove it and replace it with a 1/2 pillow case it will work. Then fix something, coat hanger maybe, to the top inside the pillow case to hold it open; only has to be enough to stop the trajectory of the case and let it fall down into the pillow case / catcher. You could also use nylon window screen. A little thought, and you can figure out the best way to make a take down stand (PVC?). Maybe a sand bag across the base legs...... Position it where it will catch the ejected cases......

Boolit Grand Master

I wish someone made a replacement cutter for the original Lee case gauge trimmer made of carbide.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Could the existing cutter be casenited or something? Not a machinist here.

Quote Originally Posted by benellinut View Post
    Here ya go!

I have a nut wihiz and while it works (almost) well, and the idea is great, they "cheaped out" on it, using wire that is too thin. Mine will only hold about a dozen before the cases start to go out as fast as they go in.

They should have used wire about .010 thicker.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU

Have you ever heard of an anchor holding SLOW ?
    As far as some of us on this forum, we don't bite; We shoot !
    To see my images at imgur.com
    sign in as BOOLITCASTER
    password - 123456789

Run,
    I have made three different sizers from the Lee carbide sets...the sizers are externally machinable, so just turn them down to the Star dimension, thread them and go to work...I forget the TPI, but it is easily doable.

This post is in response to someone earlier wanting an adapter for the Star reloader to use Lee carbide resizers.

Boolit Bub

I have in my possession a copy of the 1992 Precision Shooting Annual Volume 2. On page 23 of this book there is a picture of an older gentleman shooting a Winchester High wall, prone, using a neat device called a " Gebby Chuck Rest" It looks like a vertical rod or tube with an short adjustable arm horizontally fixed . I am guessing at the attachment scheme but I think there is some sort of tension arrangement holds the arm to the vertical member thus allowing an infinite amount of vertical adjustment up to the top of the rod, say 24". I can't tell about the base. Either feet or sharp stake, it is hard to tell from the picture. Has anyone ever seen one and if so where can I get one?
    ...Mercy to the guilty is cruelty to the innocent...
    --ADAM SMITH

Boolit Bub
    A bent spoon works good as a ladle.
    Wear leather face cloth back gloves.
    Pick the spoon in the right size, bend it to shape with plyers.
    Wood handle(?), maybe, glue it on with high temp silicone.....
    Dig the wheel weight clips out of yur pot, with a cow magnet.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast