RotoMetals2WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: I wish somebody made.....................

A mold preheating oven. I know it's easy to "make" one, but I like nice looking stuff on my workbench. Call me OCD.

organized desk, work bench, is the sign of a sick mind!!!!! An

Boolit Buddy
    I wish somebody made a complete automatic setup for the Star sizer so I didn't have to pull the handle myself. Electronic or air motor is not a concern if it works. The thought of pushing a button instead of using serious elbow grease is very tempting.

If anyone of the mechanics in here started to produce a kit like this for the star I'm sure they would get many orders.

Lee made a .403 size die.

Boolit Master

How about kits to automate an RCBS pot? While I'm wishing, it should also have conversion dies and sprue plates to allow LEE molds and Iron molds from major manufacturers to be used. Price it under 2 grand so that the serious home caster could afford it. 11 Grand for an automated Magma is just WAAAAAY out of most peoples price range.
    I'll be a nice to you as you'll let me be, or as mean as you make me be.

Polite society started dying the day it was no longer necessary for rude men to physically defend themselves from the consquences of their actions or words.

Quote Originally Posted by dbosman View Post
    Mechanicalmayham
    All your wishes have been granted to other people.
    The Lyman lead dipper is double sided. There is a threaded "receiver" on both sides.

One or two of the members here make rail systems for mounting presses and accessories. Pat Marlin makes the RockDock http://www.patmarlins.com/

Years back, Wiley Clapp described his new loading bench. It was three layers of 3/4" cabinet grade (no voids) plywood laminated with paper between the layers to create just enough room for slide in blocks. The middle layer was cut an inch wider than the top layer. The blocks were double layers, without the paper shim. Here is one adaptation of it. http://www.rifleshootermag.com/2011/...benchs_022607/

This one uses clamping rails
    http://ultimatereloader.com/2011/03/...mate-reloader/

Lee makes a bench plate system that isn't flush, but it is affordable.
    I have each one of my presses bolted to 3/4 oak slabs for mounting plates, the oak slabs then gets bolted to the top of bench. I drilled three holes in through each of the slabs and on the bench all with the same bolt pattern. I then inserted these claw furniture nuts in the holes drilled of the bench from the underside.

A bolt with a large thick washer is used to draw and seat them into the wood. Now the bench has threaded holes, pick a press to use, align the holes in the mounting block with the bench, drop in three bolts, tighten and your ready to go.

To store the presses not in use, I glued and screwed another board using 3/4 spacers under the front edge of the bench, off to the side and out of the way. This gives me an opening of 3/4 inch at the front edge of the bench to slip the mounting slabs into, just slide the board the press is mounted on into the slot and it holds it out of the way until I need it again.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by benellinut View Post
    I have each one of my presses bolted to 3/4 oak slabs for mounting plates, the oak slabs then gets bolted to the top of bench. I drilled three holes in through each of the slabs and on the bench all with the same bolt pattern. I then inserted these claw furniture nuts in the holes drilled of the bench from the underside.

A bolt with a large thick washer is used to draw and seat them into the wood. Now the bench has threaded holes, pick a press to use, align the holes in the mounting block with the bench, drop in three bolts, tighten and your ready to go.

To store the presses not in use, I glued and screwed another board using 3/4 spacers under the front edge of the bench, off to the side and out of the way. This gives me an opening of 3/4 inch at the front edge of the bench to slip the mounting slabs into, just slide the board the press is mounted on into the slot and it holds it out of the way until I need it again.
    Pictures or it didn't happen!

Seriously, I can see the bolting to the bench--I like that idea a lot, I'm chewing on that for my own setup--but I'm having trouble visualizing how you're storing the presses when not in use. Can you post a pic of that? And while you're at it, you might as well show a press mounted to your bench.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose33 View Post
    Pictures or it didn't happen!

Seriously, I can see the bolting to the bench--I like that idea a lot, I'm chewing on that for my own setup--but I'm having trouble visualizing how you're storing the presses when not in use. Can you post a pic of that? And while you're at it, you might as well show a press mounted to your bench.
    I'll have to get my camera back, loaned it out. But maybe I can explain better, if you attach two blocks of wood under the front edge of your bench that are 3/4" thick by 2"x 2" square, attach them few feet apart from each other. Then under those two blocks, you attach piece of wood a few feet long to those blocks, you end up with a 3/4" gap between the underside of the bench and the long piece of wood.

The slabs the presses are mounted on extend beyond the back of the press by about 6 inches. That 3/4" gap under the bench is where I slip the slab's the presses are mounted to and the weight of the press holds it in place.

Something like this.

-------------------------------------- <-- Underside of bench
    [ ]<-------------3/4" gap inside here------------>[ ] <-- 3/4" blocks
    -------------------------------------- <-- Long piece of wood attached to the blocks

If I still didn't make it clear let me know and I'll get some pics posted when I get my camera back.

Hi!
    I apologize if I do not know English, but this is the crucible that I made.
    greetings Tiziano

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	valvola.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	137160Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coibentazione.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	137161Click image for larger version. 

Name:	insieme.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	137162

Boolit Master
    Looks good.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety".
    Benjamin Franklin

Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions.
    James Madison

Boolit Buddy

Tiziano thats nice. Welcome. jroc
    My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

spstocksandgrips.com

Texan Loadmaster Model T, Lyman All American Turret, Forster Co-Ax,

Boolit Master
    Tiziano,
    First off, Welcome.
    A two hole/spout pot! How cool is that?
    Do you have the option of closing one off if need be?

Brian
    https://wbrpc.org/

genealogy, another area of interest

feedback - http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...9613-czech_too

Quote Originally Posted by Czech_too View Post
    Tiziano,
    First off, Welcome.
    A two hole/spout pot! How cool is that?
    Do you have the option of closing one off if need be?

Brian
    Ciao Brian!
    Yes is possible with e screw down.
    Sorry but i dont speake english.

Ciao Tiziano

Maybe you can order the orifice plate from Magma and make it fit a pot, see the video on this page http://www.magmaengineering.com/masterpot/

Boolit Master

The best additions for my CB hobby has been the purchase and learning to use of a mini lathe and mini mill. These allowed me to fabricate or modify tooling which enhanced my CB casting and reloading to a satisfying level. So much for saving money reloading but the satisfaction is priceless. Crafting solutions to reloading challenges takes things to a new level, IMHO.
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

where is the mess at?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boosted98gsx View Post
    A mold preheating oven. I know it's easy to "make" one, but I like nice looking stuff on my workbench. Call me OCD.
    http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-ben...I7kaAikt8P8HAQ
    $100.00
    Made for powder coating but you could park a handful of molds in there.
    Personally, I would remove the glass from a small convection oven, replace it with a sheet of steel with a hole in it so the wood handles don't get charred. One of these days...
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Grand Master

I have a short thumb, and a stiff index, that is numb. I need a bottom piece to use the LEE collator and four tubes to manualy present one piece of brass, oriented the same way every time.
    Last edited by mold maker; 05-14-2015 at 04:41 PM. Reason: sp

Boolit Master
    Micrometer adjustable sizing dies.
    .354" ~ 360", .429" ~ 432" etc.
    Bob

Boolit Buddy
    A bullet feeder for the Star that does not cost a pile of money!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast