MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline FabricationWideners
Load Data Repackbox
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: I wish somebody made.....................

Boolit Master

yep thats what I'm working on,I started with a small guide rail under the pot then over to the vise with wood blocks to hold the hot mould.,I may have to chang up to a master casters it's one hand opertaion.

Could you use this one handed for casting? You might have to scroll down the page a little to see the spring laoded mold handles.

http://www.castingstuff.com/cabinetr...g_products.htm

The other solution could be getting a master caster, you can get other 2 cavity molds converted to use with it. I think the master caster would be a large initial investment, but you would have something off the shelf.
    Last edited by Casting Timmy; 10-09-2011 at 12:45 PM. Reason: forgot link

Banned
    Mould opening:
    A tube flattened in the end

Insert sprue plate and twist

Here's the "pedal" for the press (obvislly a mock up!)

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by wallenba View Post
    Hey Dave, I'm already marking the brass, but being lazy I was looking to eliminate the 'hunt' so as to have more quality time at the range. I have a plastic catcher for my 1911 made by E & L Mfg. Riddle Or. (541) 874-2137 that works well, but only fits 1911's without the ambidextrous safety, and it's the only one that fits a handgun, (1911's only). The problem with it is that there is just a very small gap between the catcher and the slide to sight through.
    I use a net to catch my brass at the firing line and have an attachment which fits under my grip for work off the line. The grip catcher does not allow proper holstering but it shoots fine. Those wire frames for the political adverts hold a mesh laundry bag for the bench version. I have seen a lot of stands for them but dropping the wire through a PVC pipe end cap (drilled for the wire) works easily and you can add shot or lead to the pipe fro a stand.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    wish someone would make an adapter so i could use rcbs/lyman sizers in my stars.
    Check with Chris Smith at redgreen@cooldude.com. He made top punches for me with great turn around time and excellent quality. He can probably machine one with a hole and a hex screw to hold your Lyman/ RCBS top punches. But you still need the sizer die for the star.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by deltaenterprizes View Post
    That is called an adjustable reamer, the problem is getting it perfectly centered.

there is a post showing a member removing gas check shank with a drill bit a drill press vise and a drill press, go figure!
    Have you tried chucking it in your lathe to achieve center?

Boolit Buddy
    I would shoot my auto's more if someone made a good functional brass catcher that would attach, say to the bottom of a magazine, or clip to the forearm. I truly hate picking up brass, especially at a public range with everyone stepping on them and getting them mixed up. I like MY brass back cause I know their history.
    how about one of these...

http://www.uniquetek.com/site/696296/product/T1310

pretty slick brass "picker upper"

ww
    Solvang Shootist
    SASS 60905-Life
    Frontier Cartridge Black Powder Shooter

Hey, wymanwinn, that looks pretty slick for developed public ranges! One of the problems some of us have is we don't shoot at a range with paving or hard ground. The place I go is in the boonies, so out in the weeds and loose dirt a brass catcher that works integrally with the firearm is the only way to recover brass. Finding just one case in brown grass is a problem without a metal detector!

rl 1088
    ~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+
    There is no such thing as too many tools, especially when it comes to casting and reloading.
    Howard Hughes said: "He who has the tools rules".

Safe casting and shooting!

Linstrum, member F.O.B.C. (Fraternal Order of Boolit Casters), Shooters.com alumnus, and original alloutdoors.com survivor.

wymanwinn
    I have one of those brass buddies but after I get about 20 9mm shells in it, I lose as many as I'm trying to pick up. The wire is simply too thin and I'm going to try build one with wire about .010 thicker.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU

Have you ever heard of an anchor holding SLOW ?
    As far as some of us on this forum, we don't bite; We shoot !
    To see my images at imgur.com
    sign in as BOOLITCASTER
    password - 123456789

Boolit Master
    A good way to store dies with Hornady LNL bushings on them. I have a ton of empty die boxes because they won't fit in there.

Boolit Grand Master

In bulleye pistol matches they have a free standing brass catcher that works pretty good. I have made several. Sits on the bench beside my hand accross from ejection port and catches brass with out being attached to the gun or me.Look at Champions Choice or possibly wilsons. Set up right mine will catch 99% of my brass normally.

Every time I see the price for a heater for the Lubrasizer (I'm only talking Lyman here - no trials on RCBS) I about have a fit. I have a plan for us all. Find a clothing iron - yea, what's that - buy new at Ollie's or Big Lot's for about $10 or so. Now, get a piece of flat aluminum plate about 1/8" thick or a little thinner (it's not critical - even thicker won't hurt) that will fit completely under the Lubrasizer and the iron too, right behind the sizer. You will be limited to the width between the sizer's mounting bolts but, more is better and I have chosen to drill through the aluminum to get a little more width and more room for the iron to transfer heat. The iron doesn't even have to breathe hard to transfer its heat to the sizer. Total invested: $10 for the iron. All else was scavenged. Good luck!
    Later,
    Chiz

Boolit Mold
    now that is slick

Boolit Buddy

A real nice reloading bench in kit form, just for reloaders with add on capability, not one of those cheap benches in a box.
    I built one in my shop, it is 2 feet wide and 4 feet long. the frame is 2x4 and the top is particle board(for the time being, I am making a new top out of ash). My bench has a back(peg board) with a shelf on top, under the shelf I have mounted a twin bulb fluorescent light. In the back I mounted a power strip with 6 outlets. The top is recessed into the frame and I added a shelf on the bottom. I used premium wood glue and pocket holed all the joints. All in all, when I got finished I had a bench that can be a part of the furnishings of my home. Here is mine, and yes that Hank Jr. watching over my stuff. My casting bench is still out in the shed where it is gonna stay.

The total cost.....$47.00
    The total time....about 3 hours(give or take)

I bought most everything on clearance at Lowes or Home Depot. Also if you have any Habitat for Humanity stores in your area, you can help them fund the charity by buying from them. If you can take your time and shop around you can find a lot of good deals.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20130302_164319.jpg  
    Last edited by 3jimbo3; 05-26-2013 at 09:03 PM. Reason: add pic

Quote Originally Posted by NVScouter View Post
    How about a LEE style boolit sizer but longer and ported. Then add a heating element with a grease gun style pressurized lube cylinder. I'm very tempted to try and do this myself.
    You mean like this only cheaper and more widely available?
    http://www.meachamrifles.com/page.php?id=73

I would like to see someone simplify this fellows design, and hopefully make it cheaper.

However, in the meantime, I think tumble lubing and lee sizing will work for me.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by jdgabbard View Post
    ...good casting ladles that didn't cost an arm and leg...
    I built a ladle from a scrap piece of 2 1/2 inch pipe. I used an old bottle top from an oxygen bottle, cut out the top and welded to it. Used a piece of tubing to make the handle. I have about $3 in it plus my time....30 minutes. It holds about 2 pounds of melt, works really nice.

Moderator Emeritus

How about something like this, laser cut holder for Lee turrets

Quote Originally Posted by dilly View Post
    A good way to store dies with Hornady LNL bushings on them. I have a ton of empty die boxes because they won't fit in there.

Quote Originally Posted by SciFiJim View Post
    I am still finding out what I need and what is not available (which I have to fabricate). The biggest lack of something that I have seen so far is money. So, I wish somebody made..................... a money mold to cast money from WWs.
    + 1

Moderator Emeritus

Final version of the turret holder

Boolit Mold
    I saw a guy last week at the range who had a stand with a rectangular net at the top. It was about 12" tall by 18" wide. He was shooting several hand guns and catching all his brass in the net. I looked like the net was fairly fine mesh made from cotton (I *** u me). I've been thinking along those lines ever since

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast