Load DataInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: I wish somebody made.....................

Boolit Master

Somebody was looking for a left hand laddle here is one
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=286579
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Mold
    Perhaps this would be considered cheating but a timing device so that the exact same amount of alloy is poured from bottom pour type melters. Kinda like a coffee machine dispenses a metered amount of water. Adjustable, of course.

Now add a track for your mold to ride in, make it actuate via mold insertion...

Just slide the mold in, lead is dispensed. Release, repeat.
    Last edited by .243 okie; 02-02-2011 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shdwlkr View Post
    Somebody was looking for a left hand laddle here is one
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=286579
    I got that one even though I'm right handed. My son is left handed, now that it's all coated with lead I'll have to see if I can get the little knurled knob out and switch it for him.

Boolit Man
    A hand held bullet check seater.

Boolit Buddy
    I wish somebody made nice thick sprue plates for Magma Mastercaster moulds.

Also milled down 5/16 stock that would fit other brand moulds (Lyman, RCBS, ) slots
    and adapt to Magma Mastercaster slots.

Good Shooting,

Paul in WNY

Boolit Buddy

I wish somebody made .....

A Star Luber/Sizer extension tube so more lube could be used.
    With the air conversion a tube with the correct thread on each end
    is all that would be needed.

Paul in WNY

I'm not very good at correct terms, but I would like a board or material sheet 1/2 or 3/4 thick wood or plastic with holes about same a peg board sized to Lyman and RCBS nose punch stems, with magnet in bottom so you can tip up without spilling and room and place for label for number of nose punch. All in a box or whateve with hinged lid, about 6 or 8" square or decent size.
    Cast Round, Shoot Straight
    Take someone shooting

brass catcher

We have slip together PVC frame 3/4" x 78 " high, x48" square. We drive 24" 1/2" rebar into ground 8-12 inches, on 48" square, then slip frame over the rebar. We have net that fits over the fram with front open, and back just hangs. and little piece of velcro to hold back door closed. Net on ground up side a bit, we loose very little brass and just pick up net on floor and pour brass into bucket. We've tried exotic pouches on the side of the frame that also work.
    Cast Round, Shoot Straight
    Take someone shooting

Boolit Master
    How about a LEE style boolit sizer but longer and ported. Then add a heating element with a grease gun style pressurized lube cylinder. I'm very tempted to try and do this myself.
    That's called a Star sizer, but it comes with its own press frame, is all.

Boolit Master
    I'd like to have this, but it would cost a bundle;
    A progressive case prep center. Die stations to anneal (electric induction), cool and lube, size, trim, chamfer and deburr, flair if needed. Heck; give me a progressive loading press with 11 or 12 stations, some of them powered. Clean the brass in a mass finishing system, then go straight to loading. What the hell; give me an optical internal case inspection die too, similar to those sewer pipe cameras.

I saw a recent Youtube video of a guy demonstrating the new Hornady case prep center. I timed him doing ten cases, and then figured it would take eight hours at that rate to prep 1,000 cases. These progressive presses that claim this or that rate of loading never count the hours of prep time required before you can start "loading".

You kids and your fancy shmancy metal cartridges. It'll never catch on, I tell ya.

Boolit Mold
    RCBS or Lyman to make more sizes in their lube sizing die range.

How many times do you read that someone needs a .316 for 303 British. Me included

Boolit Master

I'd like to see a set of plates for a vice, or a handheld clamp, designed to hold molds together, or the halves separately, with flat and concave ended screw/punch to move mold pins in and out precisely and reliably. For careful pin fitting and adjustment.
    Sam

Boolit Mold

spru cut on lead bullet

I started molding my own bullets a couple of years ago. I did not like how the spru cut looked although it was acceptable. I made this little fixture, and it works so good I thought I would share it. If you use a gas check it insures it is sitting on a flat surface. This probably is not a new idea, but here goes. I cut two blocks of wood out of hard wood. The one block I drilled a hole the size of the bullet. It was tight enough so it would not wiggle, but loose enough so I could push it out with my finger.I cut a slot for the file so the upper block would slid easy over the file. The finger pressure determines how much you cut. Slide the upper block over the file until you are satisified.Here are two pictures.

Boolit Master

I have a 6' "Constitution" reloading bench from Americanworkbench.com in Charleston, SC. John Zirpola makes a nice product in many styles and functions. Mine looks just like the photo in Post #24. I'm sure he would listen to suggestions or your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Skipper488 View Post
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=942827

Problem is most of my semi-autos throw the brass straight up in the air.
    How about something like this?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brass Catcher.jpg 
Views:	438 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	35645
    "Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 45nut View Post
    Ok,, we have lot's of talented hands and minds here and I am after ideas for stuff that maybe you think someone should make.
    Foot control for reloading press. I've only got one hand and it's impossiable to hold a bullet over a case and pull the handle with the same hand
    I also trying to come up with a vise to hold a hot mould while I knock the sprue plates open on the mouldso I can cast with one hand
    Last edited by SSGOldfart; 10-02-2011 at 09:56 PM. Reason: faat fingers

Boolit Master

Humm any Ideals?????????????

Banned
    So Oldfart what type of moulds do you use?
    A quick brainfart says something about lengthening the sprueplate and make a holder that will grip either that or the mould. So you hold the mould handles and twist with the sprueplate held or place the mould in a holder and twist the spruehandle by hand.

As for the press some sort of modification of the linkage so the motion for full travel will be reduced to 45-50 degrees. Then a "handle" pointing downwards that functions in the same way as a (hanging) clutch pedal.

If you are completly lost i can do some doodeling

Boolit Master

okay a little doodeling might help,I'm working on a vise mounted block to hold the mold after pouring hot lead so I can use the right hand to swing a mallet to open the sprue plate,then I can just dump the boolits and start again,I'm going to find a way.

How about making a fitting that slips over the spru plate knocker section and clamping it into the vice.Then when you ready slip the spru plate into the fitting and cut the spru with the mold handles as a lever.As if the fitting was a gloved hand....Robin

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast