RepackboxWidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: I wish somebody made.....................

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 45nut View Post
    Ok,, we have lot's of talented hands and minds here and I am after ideas for stuff that maybe you think someone should make.
    This is easy!

An affordable snail type bullet trap....or even a set of plans on how to fabricate the snail from pipe. I've never figured out how to convert heavy wall pipe into a noodle...hehe!
    I'm shufflin' thru the Texas sand..... but my head's in Mississippi

Quote Originally Posted by Jumptrap View Post
    An affordable snail type bullet trap....or even a set of plans on how to fabricate the snail from pipe. I've never figured out how to convert heavy wall pipe into a noodle...hehe!
    For the "snail" section, you can use a piece of large pipe (12" or more, bigger is better) and split it in half lengthwise, so you have two C shaped pieces. Looking at them from the end, with the split oriented vertically, move the front piece down 2-3", and weld the end plates on to hold them in that position. That leaves a gap on top and bottom; Weld a couple plates of steel to the top gap, in a wedge or funnel shape, to shoot into. The bullet will enter the pipe, spin around a few times, and drop out the gap at the bottom. Look at the website snailtraps.com, they make something like this, but in large scale for shooting ranges.

The "affordable" part just depends on the steel cost. I tried to buy some steel remnants to make one of these last year, the steel yard wanted $180 for a 10" long chunk of 12" pipe, and 4x2 feet of 5/16" plate! These were remnants that were already cut and headed for the scrap pile! I said no thanks and left, haven't been back since.

I'd like to know if somebody made die-cut boxes for .30 M1 like the original 50 round gvmt boxes.
    "Unnh, Negative. I am a meat popsicle."

Chuck

Our New "Constitution" Reload Bench

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter1911 View Post
    I ran across these that look pretty nice. Not affiliated in any way.
    http://www.americanworkbench.com/Reloadbenches.html
    Hi Skeeter, Like I mentioned in my last post we were working on a new reload bench. Please let me know what you think. This one was for a surgeon in NC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails constitution1.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by American Workbench View Post
    Hi Skeeter, Like I mentioned in my last post we were working on a new reload bench. Please let me know what you think. This one was for a surgeon in NC.
    I would add one very easy modification, not really necessary as loaders could do it themselves, but a toe kick guard would keep all of the round thingys we work with from rolling way back under the bench after we drop them.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Boolit Master
    I wish the press manufacturers would include a bolt boss in the casting base that an adjustable stanchon could be bolted to, that reached the floor to transfer the downward force to the floor instead of fatiguing the edge of the workbench.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by SciFiJim View Post
    I am still finding out what I need and what is not available (which I have to fabricate). The biggest lack of something that I have seen so far is money. So, I wish somebody made..................... a money mold to cast money from WWs.
    Could always cast quarter size slugs.

You might not get rich, but you could play the donkey kong machine forever
    Come and take them, Boolits first.
    Zombie hunter, Lic# 3006

Banned

wish someone would make an adapter so i could use rcbs/lyman sizers in my stars.

Boolit Master
    If I recall correctly, Ken did that with duct tape...maybe it was some one else.
    Some where between here and there.....

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Actually I used a spring, found one that was just thick enough to take up the difference and then wound it around the die.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Star anti-headache device

I have seen a lot of ideas posted about how to keep the handle on your Star from falling down at the wrong time and giving you a lump on your head....but does someone sell a kit?

If not, I am going to start.
    NRA Life Member

"The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed that Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, where the Governments are afraid to trust their people with arms." - James Madison.

A Cherry 2000 to do my case cleaning.
    The Dude abides.

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

a handheld cutting tool with precision adjustable cutting blades to remove bb or gc shanks from molds, something simple enough for even me to use. thinking it could be set up like a micrometer that as you dial it up, the blades reach out just a tad more each time.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Sorta like a ridge reamer for engines,Ken?
    Appalachian American Clinging to my bible,my guns and my H&G moulds

Cast Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by splattersmith View Post
    A Cherry 2000 to do my case cleaning.
    Married fellas would never get away with owning one, but I hear ya brother ; )
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Left hand spout type cast iron ladle.
    I second that one +1

Boolit Buddy
    maybe it is already out there, but some adjustable way to chamfer and debur case mouths both at one time.

Bonus points if it fits an RCBS case prep center or Wilson trimmer.
    "You need only reflect that one of the best ways
    to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence."
    - Charles Austin Beard (1874-1948)

"The most effective way to find ourselves enslaved
    will not be done openly. If weakened we will sink gradually. I ask, who are the militia? They consist of the whole people,.... except a few public officers."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Forester View Post
    maybe it is already out there, but some adjustable way to chamfer and debur case mouths both at one time.

Bonus points if it fits an RCBS case prep center or Wilson trimmer.
    Here you go: Lyman Case Care Kit

More pics (click on the smaller ones for a full size pic)

The attachment that looks like a cone has an adjustable "arm" that does the debur function, and obviously, the cone does the chamfer.

I have one and it works pretty well, but you do have to adjust it for each caliber, but it's just a matter of the one set screw.

Chris
    Last edited by chrisx1; 12-16-2009 at 11:43 PM.
    NRA Life Member

"The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed that Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, where the Governments are afraid to trust their people with arms." - James Madison.

Quote Originally Posted by wallenba View Post
    A real nice reloading bench in kit form, just for reloaders with add on capability, not one of those cheap benches in a box.
    My benches are made from oak laminated semi trailer flooring. I got from a company that makes trailer floors. The pieces were left over scrap.

I made a bench for a friend that was just getting started in reloading last year.
    There are two theories to arguing with a woman .. . Neither works.

Women always say that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts.There is no way to prove that they are wrong.

But a year or so after giving birth a woman will often say "It would be nice to have another child".

You never hear a guy say, "It would be nice to get kicked in the nuts again".

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by wallenba View Post
    I wish the press manufacturers would include a bolt boss in the casting base that an adjustable stanchon could be bolted to, that reached the floor to transfer the downward force to the floor instead of fatiguing the edge of the workbench.
    A couple of 1" pipes with pipe threads on each end. Add mounting flanges on each (don't know if that's the proper name) end of the pipes such that the overall length fits snuggly between the bottom of your bench & the floor. Secure the flanges to the bottom of the bench & the floor directly under your press. You could probably accomplish the same thing with a 4x4 (or two) with "L" brackets on each end. Either way, no more bench fatiguing.

Netherwolf

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast