Inline FabricationLoad DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: I wish somebody made.....................

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

I wish somebody made.....................

Ok,, we have lot's of talented hands and minds here and I am after ideas for stuff that maybe you think someone should make.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

A drill holder to fit a Hornady case deburr tool, many out there for Forster/Sinclair/RCBS/Lymans...

Boolit Master

I am still finding out what I need and what is not available (which I have to fabricate). The biggest lack of something that I have seen so far is money. So, I wish somebody made..................... a money mold to cast money from WWs.

Custom Cast Boolits Google Search

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Master
    A real nice reloading bench in kit form, just for reloaders with add on capability, not one of those cheap benches in a box.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Quote Originally Posted by wallenba View Post
    A real nice reloading bench in kit form, just for reloaders with add on capability, not one of those cheap benches in a box.
    I think that would be nice but they would be so expensive that not many would be purchased. Things with real wood that are built well are few and far between and if you do find them they are expensive. That is why many build there own from plans or wing it lol.

But if one wishes to be honest even if the kit did seem expensive when one takes into account there time and the cost of the wood which is not cheap now by the way to build there own bench they would save money on a good kit bench.

I got real lucky. As I was by my local SEARS store and they had a couple of Wood wood working tables that they were closing out. And picked one up for 100.00 out the door. And then put a solid core Door on top that is 84 by 32. Works great.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Bub
    I ran across these that look pretty nice. Not affiliated in any way.
    http://www.americanworkbench.com/Reloadbenches.html

Boolit Master
    ...good casting ladles that didn't cost an arm and leg...
    JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Master

45nut, I can't think of anything I have'nt already made but I am sure going to watch this thread.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by JesterGrin_1 View Post
    I think that would be nice but they would be so expensive that not many would be purchased. Things with real wood that are built well are few and far between and if you do find them they are expensive. That is why many build there own from plans or wing it lol.

But if one wishes to be honest even if the kit did seem expensive when one takes into account there time and the cost of the wood which is not cheap now by the way to build there own bench they would save money on a good kit bench.

I got real lucky. As I was by my local SEARS store and they had a couple of Wood wood working tables that they were closing out. And picked one up for 100.00 out the door. And then put a solid core Door on top that is 84 by 32. Works great.
    Here it is. Sorry for the Mess as I have just set it up the last few days.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Master

Left hand spout type cast iron ladle.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JesterGrin_1 View Post
    Here it is. Sorry for the Mess as I have just set it up the last few days.
    .............Holy cats! I haven't seen that much available benchtop since I don't remember when You could set 3-4 DOZEN coffee cups down on that. And look at THAT, there is actually some FLOOR in your picture! Just wait though, you WILL eventually get enough stuff sitting around that you'll finally generate that inter-dimensional warp field that exists down at the bottom of most well used work-reloading benches.

I swear there are some that if a bowling ball rolled off the top you'd hear it hit the floor, but that would be the end of it. You wouldn't find it again on a bet. If you have such and you're attuned, while standing there you can feel it sucking at the toes of your PF Flyers.

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Buckshot well my Garage looks like a Tornado Twister hit it lol. Just too much stuff lol. And have too many hobbies lol. But I am going to give up a couple lol. Ok more than a couple lol. As I like to load and play with stuff that goes BANG lol. But my other hobbie I will keep as long as I am able as I do like to build stuff. So my other project is a 73 Corvette that I am rebuilding the whole driveline along with upgrades. But it is slow as money is tite. So till I can purchase more parts I am doing some shooting and reloading.

I swear there is not one part on a Corvette under $100.oo lol. Or sure seems that way lol.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter1911 View Post
    I ran across these that look pretty nice. Not affiliated in any way.
    http://www.americanworkbench.com/Reloadbenches.html
    Hey Skeeter, Thanks for running across my site! Over the past to years our reload benches have been evolving. We have been building these benches for technical schools and many other folks. We recently received an order from Richard Gallagher who is the owner of Galco leather. If anyone has any suggestion I'd love to hear them. We are currently taking our Gardeners Bench and turning it into a reload bench as well! Stay tuned, in a few weeks we'll have that one online.

Again, Thanks

John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kosterguns.jpg  

Moderator Emeritus

A custom fit splash guard for my old "drip-o-matic" bottom pour!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Left hand spout type cast iron ladle.
    It won't be cast iron but an RCBS ladle can be drilled and tapped to make it left handed. I have seen cast iron ladels with spouts on both sides.

Boolit Master
    I would shoot my auto's more if someone made a good functional brass catcher that would attach, say to the bottom of a magazine, or clip to the forearm. I truly hate picking up brass, especially at a public range with everyone stepping on them and getting them mixed up. I like MY brass back cause I know their history.
    Dutch

-Yogi Berra.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean D. View Post
    A custom fit splash guard for my old "drip-o-matic" bottom pour!
    That's a good idea. How about a short piece of pipe, maybe 2" diameter, maybe 1" or so long? Stand it on end under the spout, there should be enough room for the mold to clear it, and the drips should all stay inside the pipe. My drip-o-matic leaves little teardrops of lead everywhere from the drip splashes. Gonna have to try this next time, thanks for the idea.

Boolit Mold
    I truly hate picking up brass, especially at a public range with everyone stepping on them and getting them mixed up. I like MY brass back cause I know their history.
    Here's something I saw some reloaders doing to help ID their brass (commercial or reloads)...

While still in a packaging tray, give the backsides a light wipe (removes excess lube) and run a Sharpie marker (multiple folks shooting the same caliper/headstamp use different colors) down the centers across the headstamps. The mark the won't affect anything and will allow you to easily ID your brass from rest.

The Giant red sharpe

I am with caver dave on the sharpe. All my brass is marked with a red line down the center. A few of the guys at the range started marking their brass with black marks after they saw me picking up brass and saying no, no, no, mine, no. Thats when they undersud the marks.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Caver Dave View Post
    Here's something I saw some reloaders doing to help ID their brass (commercial or reloads)...

While still in a packaging tray, give the backsides a light wipe (removes excess lube) and run a Sharpie marker (multiple folks shooting the same caliper/headstamp use different colors) down the centers across the headstamps. The mark the won't affect anything and will allow you to easily ID your brass from rest.
    Hey Dave, I'm already marking the brass, but being lazy I was looking to eliminate the 'hunt' so as to have more quality time at the range. I have a plastic catcher for my 1911 made by E & L Mfg. Riddle Or. (541) 874-2137 that works well, but only fits 1911's without the ambidextrous safety, and it's the only one that fits a handgun, (1911's only). The problem with it is that there is just a very small gap between the catcher and the slide to sight through.
    Dutch

-Yogi Berra.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast