RepackboxLee PrecisionReloading EverythingWideners
Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationPBcastco
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: I wish somebody made.....................

Boolit Mold
    Something I made a while ago now was length spacers for my case trimmer, I set the cutter to my shortest case then made up spacers to fit the shaft, now all I have to do is change the spacer and pilot to suit the case im trimming, spacers are stamped 308, 303, 243 and so on,,, don't have to keep resetting the trimmer now

Frosted Boolits

Wouldnt be hard to do if you had a lathe and mill. You could even probably get away with making them from aluminum. I think I have a few from RCBS that I never use lol.
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    EnglishTom, nice idea; Are these cylinders or half cylinders or ???

Boolit Mold
    Hi Sheesh, Neither mate, they are large brass washers, when I want to change case length I unscrew the cutter slip it out of the base pop on the washer to suit and away you go,,,,,,, oh im using a lyman trimmer

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Well, that counts as cylinders in what I meant. tho I wasn't all that clear there LOL I was just curious if you had to unscrew the cutter or if you could snap the spacers on without disassembly. TY

Boolit Mold
    I did try split plastic spacers but I found the plastic wore badly if I used a power drive. As a few of my cals fall within limits that are close to each other some spacers were wearing out in a couple uses, I guess I could have worked on clip ons but its not worth all the work when popping on a washer is so easy and quick to do.

Tom

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Caver Dave View Post
    Here's something I saw some reloaders doing to help ID their brass (commercial or reloads)...

While still in a packaging tray, give the backsides a light wipe (removes excess lube) and run a Sharpie marker (multiple folks shooting the same caliper/headstamp use different colors) down the centers across the headstamps. The mark the won't affect anything and will allow you to easily ID your brass from rest.
    I used to use a black "X" on my .45 acp brass for bullseye pistol matches. I ran into another shooter who also used the black "X" so I took my ammo to the match in red Federal trays and I also took red, green, blue, and black marking pens. A two color "X" took care of it. I have been using some of that match brass for decades and I have no clue how many times it has been reloaded.

I even did OK at it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Its_a_Badge.jpeg 
Views:	972 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	221550

It's a Badge!

Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    I used to use a black "X" on my .45 acp brass for bullseye pistol matches. I ran into another shooter who also used the black "X" so I took my ammo to the match in red Federal trays and I also took red, green, blue, and black marking pens. A two color "X" took care of it. I have been using some of that match brass for decades and I have no clue how many times it has been reloaded.

I even did OK at it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Its_a_Badge.jpeg 
Views:	972 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	221550

It's a Badge!
    BrassMagnet,
    First, Thank You for your service! God Bless.
    Be proud of that metal, you earned it! I use to shoot Bullseye, marked my brass with the same black X then I too saw other guys using the same mark so I went with a red line and a blue line to make an X. Bullseye was my passion but then age, increasing spine issues and an accident that took my left leg below the knee forced me out, the matches a memory now, I still miss it. Was just wiping down my 1911 .45 wadgun the other day thinking I should take her out for some plinking. Maybe a day at the range with the 1911, M1 Carbine's, Garand and my Mini-G. I see you shoot Garand matches too.

Ever heard of or seen the 16 inch barreled Garand called the Mini-G? (It's NOT a Tanker with an 18" barrel) My buddy Shufflin made me one of the first five built to put through it's paces before he went public with them. Still love my Garand but I have to admit I rather plink with the Mini-G, it's just so much fun! Here's some links and videos. http://shuffsparkerizing.com/services/the-mini-g/

More of Shuff's video's here --> https://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffsPrk/videos

Be careful what you wish for!

Boolit Mold
    I Wish someone made a Brass magnet

Quote Originally Posted by wallenba View Post
    I would shoot my auto's more if someone made a good functional brass catcher that would attach, say to the bottom of a magazine, or clip to the forearm. I truly hate picking up brass, especially at a public range with everyone stepping on them and getting them mixed up. I like MY brass back cause I know their history.
    PVC pipe and mosquito netting. The brass hits and lands right beside you.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Years ago I took a block of bar steel 1/2"x2" about three inches long drilled and taapped a 1/4"-20thread hole in the bottom canter to mount it to a camera tripod I also drilled 1/2" holes arross 3/4" from either end and took an 12ft length of 1/2" tubing and made a 3ft Square lop and brazes the almost meeting ends into the steel block.

Then I made a big "butterfly net" out of "Noseem" polyester screen (made for tent repair and sold by Campmor)
    and made a big bag like net that I set up next to my bench the height is adjustable by Cranking up the tripod or adjusting the leg lengths and it catching the brass can be adjusting the position by moving it next to your shooting bench.

In my case the piece of bar stock and the tubing were both 316L stainless steel because it was the material I had on hand but a block of aluminum and a couple of Adel clamps holding copper or aluminum tube would work just as well

The basic idea is to make a big "butterfly net" that you can attach to a supporting stand next to your shooting bench and catch your brass
    Last edited by AllanD; 08-16-2019 at 03:46 PM. Reason: typo

The other thing a FIX to the 20# lee furnace to stop the dripping, I think the stem that forms the valve could be made of Tungsten (Though the threads on the top end might be a problem) or coated with Stellite and "lapped" to the valve seat would fix the problem

Boolit Mold
    I saw an ladle recently I think it was made by Lyman. You choose which slot you screw the handle in based on left or right hand pour..

Boolit Mold
    I take a handy grabber with me to the range. I can't bend over so I just use the grabber. Those little suction cups are handy for picking up brass.

Boolit Master
    Not sure if mentioned
    Plug and play PID controller for my lee pot, thats around $30.
    Heater for my lube sizer that can be controlled by said PID

Boolit Master
    Sprue plate for NOE molds that uses the Lee sprue cutter handle.

Escapee from The People's Republik of Kalifornia - Now in AZ, "Where Free Men Live!"
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterGrin_1 View Post
    Here it is. Sorry for the Mess as I have just set it up the last few days.
    Dude. You think THAT'S A MESS????

:-]

Boolit Mold

I know right, no way am I going to be posting any bench shots anytime soon. Now once I move and get the new workshop finished I will post all kinds of pics. I cant wait to have my own space for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacd View Post
    Dude. You think THAT'S A MESS????

:-]

for what gun, i made a cloth covered frame that hangs on square steel tube with 2 holes to put 2 bolts thru, I intended to make a rod to mount that on that would connect to picatinny rail or whatever spot on gun I can find

I made one cutting off trimmed brass neck and using it as spacer

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast