Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad DataInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: some data for saz

Boolit Master

some data for saz

Here is a picture of a loaded 454 casull round and next to it a 400 grain bullet. one of the fellows on the board "saz" asked to see a pic and some data. The oal is 1.753, for a full "knock down" load is 20.5 grains of lil gun. It chronos 1875 fps out of my Puma 92 with a 20" barrel. It works out to a little over 3000 foot pounds, so it makes it a "baby 45-70". The recoil energy is about twice of what a 30-06 would give. With a 6 pound gun you will know it went off. I'll give a run down for you all in a couple of months on how it does on South Missouri feral hogs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 454.jpg  
    Ed Barrett
    AKA; elbStJoeMO
    If vegans love animal so much, why do they eat all their food?

Well, I found a deal I couldn't pass up and bought a 16" stainless 454 PUMA with HI VIS sights. I'll pick it up in september when I'm on leave. I have a set of LEE dies on order with the FCD, but brass seems to be a little hard to find in stock anywhere. Ill find some eventually, I have plenty of time.

WOW Ed, a tumble lube, palin base? I never would have guessed- I was expecting something with a GC. It doesnt lead at all? (Forgive my ignorance, I'm still a newb) I bet with that smaller meplat it penetrates like crazy. Has it been pretty accurate? Good loooking bullet!!! Thanks Ed!

Boolit Master

Yes the penatration is good enough that I have not found one yet, but that's been on deer, I will let you know how it does after trying it on a hog. I do two coats of Lee liquid ALOX and the leading is minimal, I use WW with a little monotype air cooled. The original design was for paper patching in 45-70's, but I use it in the .454 and even 45 LC. .
    Ed Barrett
    AKA; elbStJoeMO
    If vegans love animal so much, why do they eat all their food?