Titan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Reloading EverythingLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: New barrel available!

Boolit Buddy

New barrel available!

Gentlemen!
    Recently discovered a treasure at my house, and it needs a new home where it will be appreciated.
    Does anyone need a NEW, factory, unused 24" tapered round Winchester 64 barrel, cal 30WCF, date of manufacture 1953? It has the integral front sight ramp, and all dovetails are in place.
    I purchased it back in 1995 for a model 64 with bulged barrel, ended up trading off the 64, and forgot I still had the new barrel for it-- (getting old, perhaps?)

Today, this is a rare find, and I'm really hoping someone of this group will put it to good use-
    Unless, of course, someone wants to get rid of an old model 64 that needs a new barrel??

Promise me that there will never be a jacketed projectile down this virgin tube--

358wcf

Boolit Mold
    Have you put a price on this barrel?

I have a 1894 rifle with a bad barrel, not reclaimable, that this barrel would fit. Would have to cut down the magazine tube and modify the fore end but those are not difficult tasks. Would probably leave it straight stock rather than trying to bend the lower tang and lever.

Since it would be a fun gun; don't need no stinking jacketed boolits. Might have to get a mold for a heavier boolit since the mold I have is for a 30 carbine.

Vernon

Boolit Buddy

I'm thinking this barrel might work easily on a 94 if it was a 94 rifle (not a carbine)
    with the curved metal forend cap. The 64 had a magazine that stopped about 4" in front of the forend, not full length. A lot of the 64s I've seen had 1/2 magazine that did not project beyond the forend at all.
    No need to worry about the buttstock on a "fun gun", leave it straight if that pleases you.

Price- I really don't know- A good home is more important than a high price here- Let's say FREE to the person that really needs it to keep an old 30wcf alive, and who will post photos of the rifle "before" and "after", with proper write-up of the proceedings.
    First "I'll take it" with a before photo gets the gift-
    Somewhere out there is a Winchester crying out for this barrel- make your old friend happy once again, and shoot only CBs in this piece of history!

358wcf
    Last edited by 358wcf; 06-27-2009 at 09:47 AM. Reason: No reason to ask for $$$ from members!

Boolit Mold
    I am working on a volunteer project for a not for profit organization that won't be finished until after July 20th. After that, if no other member claims the barrel, I will dig into my stuff that I have never unpacked since our move for that old 1894 rifle.

I have a Model 65 218 Bee where the magazine does not extend past the foreend cap. I previously owned a Model 64 219 Zipper where the magazine did extend past the foreend cap about 4" as you said. It was also supported by a band set into a barrel dovetail.

I am sure someone will come up with a good project for that barrel and will check back in about a month to be sure.

Vernon