WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad Data
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RBC GI bore cleaner for corrossive ammo, What's in it?

Boolit Bub

CLP vs. corrosive priming:

I'd advise some caution in assuming that 'milspec' CLP is intended for, or suitable for corrosive priming residue removal. Its predecessor, the last type of RBC, was NOT intended or formulated for corrosive priming. Since, so far as I am aware, there is NO satisfactory chemical substitute for water for this purpose, and CLP in whatever form contains none that I know of, I recommend that anyone wanting to know the truth contact the manufacturers of CLP for their recommendation - and be sure to ask them specifically HOW the components of CLP work to dissolve the salt residue - do not accept the 'brushing and flushing' tapdance - it doesn't work. Alternatively, any reference to this issue from official military publications might be considered, if enough information is given to answer the same questions.
    Water is cheap, new barrels are expensive.
    mhb - Mike

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by omgb
    I've also read several articles that said that Breakfree CLP was milspec for cleaning corrossive primers. I think Ed Harris has said the same as well. Do any of you know whether or not this is true?
    GI CLP BrakeFree is efective on cleaning carosive ammo. When it was developed Part of the critera was for it to be efective in cleaning guns firing carosive 50 caliber ammo still in use. ( curent production 50 cal ammo is NON carosive although carosive ammo was still in the supply chain )

Civilian CLP IS NOT the same. I have GI CLP avalable in limited amounts if you or anyone here needs some.

also have a cupple of cases of GI WWII bore cleaner (the milkey stuff) in 6oz cans in the original GI crates.

Drop me a private msg or email if your interested.
    BK

Boolit Master
    Blueknight, you have a privite message...